Show My stuff got to go, but I didn't

MH81

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
Event Date
Jun 26, 2020
One of the local collectors of Rusty stuff decided that since all the other engine shows had to cancel, he would have his own. Hosted at the Jamestown PA fairgrounds, it was a small show but a very nice one. I was not able to get my equipment down there until late Friday, after some of the Friday exhibitors had left and I also had to work most of Saturday so my stuff got the play, but I didn't so much
I took my 101 yr old model M McCormick Deering engine, my 1930 New Way air-cooled, a 1950s or 60s Gould water pump, a lentz burr mill from the 50s or 60s, my 1969 Suburban hydro track and Mr. Roper
I was able to start the engines and explain/talk to people who came to see for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon and catch up with some old friends. There was a sense of normalcy to the event, even though people were maintaining some social distance. At no point was the event crowded but people came to see.
There was everything from common to rare. There were even a few fairly unusual.
While their flea market was small, there were several vendors with Rusty gold. One of them commented that he would have paid the $10 fee just to come and talk to people. LOL.

They hope to hold it annually. It was a nice event and the donation proceeds went to supporting the Community Fair.

Last edited:
awesome pictures

I wish we had shows like that close to home! Our local fairs have terrible tractor exhibits. Been the same farm tractors (they are all beauties) since I was a little kid.

The family and I just got home from the Jamestown campground. Too bad I didn’t know about the show, we could’ve checked it out while we were up there. Thank you for sharing the pictures, lots of good things to look at.

Been forever since going to any tractor show. If there are any next year, I'm going to the Extravaganza in Evansville and the Lanesville Heritage weekend both in Indiana. Been such a boring year so far.

Been forever since going to any tractor show. If there are any next year, I'm going to the Extravaganza in Evansville and the Lanesville Heritage weekend both in Indiana. Been such a boring year so far.
I hear you!

I was out there Friday for the day. Left around 5. Sorry I missed you.

No tractor shows in this area either. Have tried tp push for one along with antique day at the County Fair but so far only one or two other exhibitors. Fair really don't amount to much as one guy has been "in charge" for years and is not really open to change. Advertising consists of flyers from a copier in black and white, and a radio show or two. Keeps changing things as the day goes along. Event is to take place at 2 and just before start time he decides he can get a bigger crown by waiting for an hour. Last time he did that I loaded up and was ready to head home.

Back