Need Moto - Mower Part Picture

davehc

I have a 1966 , Mod. 6020 , Moto - Mower . Can anyone post / send me a picture of the counter-shaft pulley mounting bracket . It's the pully that the rear drive belt and the engine idler belts connect to . In the owners manual pic , which has been posted a few places , it's shown in Fig. 4/ part C . I am pretty sure the one on mine is not original , and would like to see what it is supposed to look like . My pulley dosent have a bearing in it , which I don't like . Before I try to redo this one , thought I should see what it is supposed to be like . Would be interested in buying an original part if anyone has one . Thanks for any help .

Last edited:
Yeah I can send a picture not a problem I actually took my 1966 6024 apart today to replace the bearing its different than my 1966 6021 I'll take a picture tomorrow but all three of my moto mower tractors have a bearing in the pulley

The pictures with the more triangular bracket is for my 1966 model 6024 i am replacing the bearing the pictures of the bracket still on the tractor is a 1966 model 6021 its more square they adjust by sliding forward or aft using a slot on the frame and two fasteners pictured in one of the pictures hope this helps

The pictures with the more triangular bracket is for my 1966 model 6024 i am replacing the bearing the pictures of the bracket still on the tractor is a 1966 model 6021 its more square they adjust by sliding forward or aft using a slot on the frame and two fasteners pictured in one of the pictures hope this helps

Thanks , that is just what I wanted to see . And as I suspected , mine is nothing like that . Now I got to figure out how to make up something that style , or close with a bearing . Anybody got one of these for sale ? Thanks again , you guys were / are a big help .

Happy to help if u have the right pulley it takes a 6203 bearing 17mm Id. 40mm od. 12mm wide I unfortunately have no extra parts but the bearing is a easy find

J beal
I want to Thank you again for the pic's , they are a big help . Now I need another favor . As I said before my pulley set up is not original , and it had no bearing in it , which caused it to heat up . So I tried another pully same size , with a bigger ID , which I put three needle bearing in . It worked , but not the way I like . Could you please give me the OD dim. of both the two groove pulleys { original one } , on yours , along with the width of it also ? I want to try to find and make one more like the original style . I really appreciate the help . Thanks , Dave

3.5" and 4", each is 1/2", total width is 1.5"

Attachments

• 1591311157802894890886.jpg
    1591311157802894890886.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 13
let us know what you come up with, I guess track a 2 groove idler, maybe McMaster Carr has something close or granger

I got lucky finding a pulley . I was looking on Facebook , on-line , [ because I don't have a smart phone , hardly smart enough to use the old style one I have } , and found one in Indiana , which is where I found the first tractor . And this one was almost as complete as the other one , BUT , it had the original pulley on it yet . So contacted the guy , made the deal , and drove the 588 mile round trip yesterday to get it . Going by J Beal's info above , I think it is a 6024 model , because of the pulley bracket style . This one is missing the hood and the original pulley guard on the side , but has fenders . I already have plans for this one in another project . Alraedy got the pulley off , cleaned , DSCN4994[1].JPGDSCN4995[1].JPGDSCN4997[1].JPGand will be ordering a new bearing right away . Also , this one has a hand lever on the left side rear , as part of the brake , was this used as a parking brake ? Had not seen one on these yet . Sorry about the doubly pics , couldnt figure out how to take it off .

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic find it looks more like my 6021 with what style clutch set up and hand parking brake as far as the pulley bracket moto mowers are kinda funny I think they used whatever they had maybe mine was a half year or something I like the extra foot pedal maybe it was set up for a kid

Hi Guy's , Finally got the Moto-Mower done . It's running / working great , and the Grandson is having a ball with it when he comes over . Now he's bugging me about taking it to the next club show in Sept. [ I hope this one dosent get canceled also ] , so we can drive it around . We also redid my old lawn cart for me to ride on while he drives us around . Thanks to you guys for all your Help with the pic's and information . RSCN5061[1].JPG

Attachments

• RSCN5063[1].JPG
    RSCN5063[1].JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 8
  • RSCN5074[1].JPG
    RSCN5074[1].JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi Guy's , Finally got the Moto-Mower done . It's running / working great , and the Grandson is having a ball with it when he comes over . Now he's bugging me about taking it to the next club show in Sept. [ I hope this one dosent get canceled also ] , so we can drive it around . We also redid my old lawn cart for me to ride on while he drives us around . Thanks to you guys for all your Help with the pic's and information . View attachment 27720
Awesomesauce!

that came out really nice. any issues fitting the predator engine in it?

No , actually it went in rather smooth . I used a 3/8" X 6" piece of steel plate bolted to the frame , manly to make it a little more ridged , bolted the engine in after lining it up , and it worked great . Had to play with belt length's a little till I got the right slack in the belts so that it wasent spinning the idler to fast for putting in gear , but other than that it worked great .

Back