Need wiring diagram for a 72 Sears 15hp lawn tractor with a briggs motor

Cadman-iac

Tractorologist
so I'm in the middle of swapping engines on my old sears tractor. Out with the worn out Onan, and in with the rebuilt 15 horse Briggs and Stratton cast iron engine.
Only thing is, the Briggs has a starter/generator on it and a separate regulator. The Onan had an alternator or something built into it with a separate starter.

Does anyone have a schematic for one of these?
I'm not positive about the year, but it's right around 72 to 75 from what I can make of the paperwork I got with it. Unfortunately the paperwork doesn't include any schematic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Thanks KennyP, I looked through those, but didn't find anything that matches my tractor.
I guess I'm just going to have to wing it and see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky and avoid letting the magic smoke out. I hate it when that happens! Lol!

Rick

What's the #'s on the engine? Maybe we can get it's wiring diagram.

I went back to that Sears manual site and found a 1972 Suburban 15. It has the 15 HP B&S engine. Here's the manual for it, wiring diagram on page 32:

Attachments

• 91725200.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 11
I went back to that Sears manual site and found a 1972 Suburban 15. It has the 15 HP B&S engine. Here's the manual for it, wiring diagram on page 32:
Kenny,
Once again you pulled my bacon out of the fire! That's the one I need. Thank you so very much for taking the time to locate this. one problem I have is that all I have is a smartphone. That sears manual site isn't really user friendly to a phone, at least I didn't find it so.
I have the original book on my Onan powered tractor, but unfortunately it's not wired the same way.
I knew I came to the right place!

Now I'm just waiting for the gaskets and seals to arrive and I'm off to the races, well...the slow drags anyway!

Thanks again.

Rick

What's the #'s on the engine? Maybe we can get it's wiring diagram.
Sorry I didn't see this until after you posted the second time.
You found the one I needed, but to answer your question, the model number is
325431-0139-01
Again, thank you for your help. I would have been up the creek without a paddle otherwise.
I've resisted getting one of these phones for years, always liked my flip phone, but it finally died and I didn't have a choice.
Glad I did now, cuz there's sooo much stuff I've been able to find that I would have never known about otherwise, like you guys here. Great site, great people.

Rick

Back