New Cover for the HF Canopy

cjet69

Tractorologist
The old cover is failing on the Harbor Freight 10 ft. x 17 ft. Portable Car Canopy. Ordered a new cover last week and it arrived today. We had purchased and first put up this canopy in January of 2018 as shelter for cows calving on the farm. In May of 2019 I set it up by the shop to cover my Farmall H project. Almost made it 7 years, not bad for a cheap canopy. If the weather cooperates I may try to install it this weekend.

Attachments

• 100_6742-m.JPG
    100_6742-m.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_6743-m.JPG
    100_6743-m.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_6744-m.JPG
    100_6744-m.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_6746-m.JPG
    100_6746-m.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 3
The old cover is failing on the Harbor Freight 10 ft. x 17 ft. Portable Car Canopy. Ordered a new cover last week and it arrived today. We had purchased and first put up this canopy in January of 2018 as shelter for cows calving on the farm. In May of 2019 I set it up by the shop to cover my Farmall H project. Almost made it 7 years, not bad for a cheap canopy. If the weather cooperates I may try to install it this weekend.
How much did the new cover cost versus buying a whole new kit ? Almost surprised you can buy just the cover.

Edit.. Looking at HF I did see where the sell just the cover. Not real bad in price either . It seems most times replacement parts / items costs about 3 dollars of what you can buy the whole thing for.

Last edited:
How much did the new cover cost versus buying a whole new kit ? Almost surprised you can buy just the cover.

Edit.. Looking at HF I did see where the sell just the cover. Not real bad in price either . It seems most times replacement parts / items costs about 3 dollars of what you can buy the whole thing for.
I see you found the price, $139.99 for the 3-piece cover set. When we originally bought the HF canopy it was 149.99 on sale so the replacement cover is only $10 less. A complete portable garage is selling for $229.99 now so I saved $90 just getting the cover.

Great that you got that long.
Mine only last about 3 yrs before they start going down hill. My last one, I just bought a heavy duty white tarp that was 20x24 I think and covered it. It has held up great for almost 3 years.
I had to go back through my pics to see when we got this originally. I was very surprised that it was almost 7 years ago. Might be that its located on the more shaded side of the shop and only sees afternoon sun in the summer and almost no sun in the winter.

I would go buy one of them if I had somewhere on the SE side of the house or shop to put it. The NW wind would flatten one pretty quickly since this is wind country.

You are getting good use out of an inexpensive shelter, CJet!

DAC
Our strongest winds are most often from the southwest or Northeast. I have this setup on the North side of the shop which protects it from the south winds and the trees block the Northeast winds.

I have another HF shelter just like this one that I need to put up for another project tractor. I need to cut a couple Cedar 4x4's on the sawmill to fasten it down on and buy a couple more pier blocks.

Last edited:
Back