New Kubota falls off trailer

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
This a copy and paste from another forum. Thought you guys might enjoy. Pretty long but the action starts around the 8:00 mark..

If he'd have parked downhill the angle would have been nill. But having your ramps too wide, then angle doesn't matter much.

Also, having the bucket on the hoe, he could have set the bucket a couple of inches above the road surface. Setting the stabilizers low might have helped too. Loaded and unloaded too many machines in wet conditions, always helps to keep attachments low when you can.

Yea so many things were wrong. Accidents do happen but I think things were taken too much for granted. Fortunately he didn't lay it on its side. Bet things will be different next time...! Who's insurance you think will pony up. Drivers or Dealers..? Assuming the driver was an independent.

It only takes a split second to make a poor choice. Thankfully the driver wasn't hurt, but most likely needed clean shorts.

I didn't notice he was heading up hill and unloading so straps was not an issue. Many years ago when I worked for the State we hauled a back hoe and a Dozer (not at the same time) on a flat bed single axle truck. Heavily overloaded I am sure. With the back hoe I would drop the air clear down in the tires, load it, chain it down good, then air the tires back up. No bouncing to that load. Brakes on that ruck was strictly vacuum booster over hydraulic. If you needed to stop you better start braking a mile ahead of time. Wonder we all lived through it.

I 'm sure he didn't do that on purpose.
Looks like an inexperienced delivery driver to me. Guess he has more experience now hope he is the sort of person that learns from his mistakes.

Back