New tire gauges and some concrete tools

My concrete trowels haven’t seen much use. Concrete is one area of construction I was never fond of.
Same here, but still have all the tools. Hoping to expand my shop with a 30x12 in front of the bathroom, but if I ever get around to it, I'll likely hire out the concrete work. My neck and everything else for that matter aren't up to that challenge. If I do get to it, I'll also redo the floor and front foundation wall of our small old original shop.

I don't mind doing concrete work occasionally. I do notice it more now than when I was younger, but it's the same putting up the hay every year also.
When we pour a large slab I call a gut I went to school with that does it for a living. He will supply the nice forms and do the float and finish and I do all of the site prep and form setting.

What I found with a meters, temp sensors and such in the cold is they're only about as good as the batteries used them. Rayovac, HF and dollar store batteries don't do well in freezing temperatures.

I use Rayovac AA batteries in 5 of my trail cams and have no issue with them going dead prematurely. Energizers work well also. My digital tire gauge works OK any time. Have no clue what battery is in it as it has not stopped working so haven't checked. Thinking a button cell or two?

I just remember trying to use digital Volt meters in the freezers and as soon as they started to get cold the display would fade out.
Didn't seem to make any difference on brand or batteries used.

Back