New to me MF12G

Just an update on this thing. I've been using it a bit around my garden. I picked up a Brinly cultivator for it. Carb isn't really 100% idles good and all (its a new Kohler carb) but the linkages are a pain and fitting the air cleaner assembly back on isn't going great. Major interference with the choke lever on the carb with the back of the air cleaner housing. Anyway, I'll deal with that eventually. The way my MF10 is running now almost makes me want to rebuild another Walbro LME......almost. The 12 does smoke fairly bad. higher RPM's and under load. So it does need a rebuild but will get me through the summer, just have to keep it topped up.

Good luck when you do an overhaul, Mac. Several years ago I did a standard bore overhaul on my HH120. No overbore pistons could be found, and folks I talked to said if a .010 or .020 piston could be found be prepared to pay a premium. Then finding rings may be a problem too. The over haul didn't last, the cylinder was egg shaped bad enough at the bottom of the cylinder where the original piston had scuffed the top ring land pretty bad. I suspected the standard bore build wouldn't hold and that was a correct assumption. I had to keep the tractor in service and not be in a smoke cloud so I re-powered it.

DAC

Thanks DAC, guess I’ll start looking now. I do have another HH120 here that doesn’t smoke, so I can always use that in it. Just have to swap pulleys on it which may be a chore in itself.

Back