New to me valve grinder

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
Just got this on Sunday. Both motors run, have run van Norman, snap on, and Sioux machines over the years have heard of but never seen a black and Decker unit but now I have one. I see alot of reference to a van down brand unit, I guess that's what morphed into the B&D machine.
I know this thing is OLD.
I also got the angle drill and pilots for doing seats, and a TON of new SIOUX stones.
Never seen one like this,it has a bucket for cooling oil, gravity fed and a hose off the bottom of the grinding wheel shield that you'd put into a bucket then pour it back into the feed bucket. Gonna try to pix up well see.
It needed new motor mount cushions for the motor that runs the stem grinding wheel. Got those from mc master Carr, very cheaply. I need belts, all 3 and don't know where to look. Looks like maybe a collet missing for the valve stem on the face resurfacing side. Anybody have a manual on this old dog?IMG_20200301_112139577.jpgIMG_20200301_112151112.jpgIMG_20200301_112157943.jpgIMG_20200301_112139577.jpgIMG_20200301_112139577.jpgIMG_20200301_112157943.jpg

Good luck with the new (old) machine. Hope you get it working good.

I have one that looks close to that at work that I had to stop using after the collet for holding the stem got twisted and wouldn't hold the valve straight anymore. I had found this place looking for parts: https://www.beamequipment.com/Products.html
I was trying to justify the $250 they wanted for the collet plus one of the power switches and the rubber mounts for the motor against the maybe 4 times a year I used it when my Uncle gave me my late Grandpas like new Sioux valve and seat grinder that had done the valves for maybe 40 engines

I have a very similar unit. I just cut some inner tube for belts. Mine had no provision for oil on the stone.

Smoke 014.JPG

Smoke 015.JPG

Smoke 016.JPG

Smoke 017.JPG

Smoke 018.JPG

Did the valves on my 8 N with it. Never had or used a valve grinder before. so it was all a learning experience. I don't remember how many oil cups it has on it but it is several. Got lots of seat stones and the tool for dressing them. Considering what I payed for this stuff I figure it has earned it's keep. Don

I would love to see more pictures of your oil drip system and see it in operation. Wondering what oil would be best to use. What keeps the oik from being atomized and spread al over the shop. Like I said I had never used a machine before. My valve work consisted of a suction cup from a dart gun on the end of a pencil and lapping compound. Took a full day to do a 51 Studebaker 6 cylinder. Don

Back