New to us tractor hauler

hamman

Tractorologist
Had a chance to pick up a trailer to haul some of the GTs and LTs we have. We have a small two wheel trailer but it can only carry one tractor at a time. Got a chance for a really great deal on a tandem axel car hauler yesterday and we took it. 16' with heavy duty built in ramp (s). Seems as though some one wanted one of the ramps so they took it. For the cost of the trailer we can get one made or possibly find another like it. Has 4 wheel brakes and pulls nice. Tires look decent enough for a couple of years for us. Wife already has a new color picked out for it and has stain for the deck boards, which are really in decent shape. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• new trailer.PNG
    new trailer.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • newtrailer2.PNG
    newtrailer2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
They are handy. Good size too .
As for the floor boards I've been using old drain oil on them. Sucks right in and doesn't leave the mess you'd think. On that size floor you could probably put 2-3 gallons on and wonder where it went.

A few more of the trailer in the garage. For having set for the last 7 years it's frame is in good shape a couple of weak steel points where the slide in ramps go, but they can be fixed with welding some angle iron on to reinforce. Needs new wiring and lights upgraded. Tail light housings are rusted out but should be fixable.

Attachments

• 20240625_180804.jpg
    20240625_180804.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240625_180802.jpg
    20240625_180802.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 12
A few more of the trailer in the garage. For having set for the last 7 years it's frame is in good shape a couple of weak steel points where the slide in ramps go, but they can be fixed with welding some angle iron on to reinforce. Needs new wiring and lights upgraded. Tail light housings are rusted out but should be fixable.
Good time for a little wire bushing and some paint too.

Good time for a little wire bushing and some paint too.
That's the plan. It's actually all down to the frame now and I have started some of the rust repair on the fenders and the tail light cans. Once that is done and when our son gets back he is going to scale it to get it ready to paint. In the mean time new d rings will go on and a new jack and prep for a winch and box for the front.

Had a chance to pick up a trailer to haul some of the GTs and LTs we have. We have a small two wheel trailer but it can only carry one tractor at a time. Got a chance for a really great deal on a tandem axel car hauler yesterday and we took it. 16' with heavy duty built in ramp (s). Seems as though some one wanted one of the ramps so they took it. For the cost of the trailer we can get one made or possibly find another like it. Has 4 wheel brakes and pulls nice. Tires look decent enough for a couple of years for us. Wife already has a new color picked out for it and has stain for the deck boards, which are really in decent shape. Thanks for looking.
Wow that’s a nice find I like the built in ramps. Those fenders with the tear drops in the center look retro. You going to make us wait on your color choices lol

Wow that’s a nice find I like the built in ramps. Those fenders with the tear drops in the center look retro. You going to make us wait on your color choices lol
It was originally red but we decided to paint it black with white wheels. I saw a nice baby blue that I wanted but the son and wife said no. LOL
I would like to find some old style 5 on 4 1/2 " x 15" retro wheels for it so I can put some small hubcaps and then trim rings on the wheels. It will have all new LED lights on it and have backup lights as well. There will be a couple of work lights on the front of the deck eventually. At a later date we will have a removable winch also.

Finally finding the rust spots.
Most I think are fixable. The backing plate on drivers side fender will have to be replaced. More later

Attachments

• 20240701_111257.jpg
    20240701_111257.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240701_111242.jpg
    20240701_111242.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240701_111245.jpg
    20240701_111245.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 0
Back