New toy, Easy Vac leaf lawn vacuum

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Bought this over the weekend to hopefully help with fall clean-up. Plus I got it relatively cheap and something to play with.
IMG_20220814_182541.jpg
But that means putting the Sears back to work and putting the deck back on after 25 + years.
Has a newer Briggs 6hp on it. Had to do some work on it cause it was running extremely high rpm's. Found the governor out of adjustment and got it running as it should. The unit itself looks rusty but in actually very good condition.
Had to make a bracket for the chute adapter to attach to the deck as that was missing.
IMG_20220815_165610.jpg
All hoses in good shape and that's good cause they can get expensive real quick. Used it a little today ( for what it was worth) and seemed to work good. Next project will be to get it cleaned up and painted. Ill post pictures on that later.
IMG_20220814_182551.jpg IMG_20220814_182604.jpg

IMG_20220815_165601.jpg

Nice find Bill I think that will be nice to own.
It is a big thing to have sit around for the little I may end up using it. Never had one before and figured I'd mess around with for a while. Who knows I might end up selling it..
On a side note I did buy a quart of IH white for it. So Ill be getting it really for paint soon..

Started to get things wire brushed and sanded down down a little. Not doing anything crazy...
IMG_20220818_142556.jpg IMG_20220818_142618.jpg

This is the paint I'll being using from Tractor Supply. I've used it before and works well for me . I ain't no paint no paint guy in any sense of the word but it goes on good without much fuss.
IMG_20220818_142727.jpg
And the spray guy.
IMG_20220818_142844.jpg

The paint! Have seen some folks having issues with that paint!
No wonder I can lay it down pretty good....it sucks...!
LOL... I have no idea guys. II'm using the catalyst with it so hopefully that helps in the long run..it is relatively inexpensive.

This will be out in the weather. So we'll see. One advantage is its IH white (white in general) which " normally " won't fade as quick as reds or oranges and such...
It was the red a guy used for a MF12 and said it faded the following year. We don’t know the variables of his paint job or how it was applied either. Hopefully the white works out well for you.

I used Majik MF red with the hardener and reducer on the 610 mower deck for the MF12G. No fading, but the tractor is inside when not in use. Problem was, I used automotive etch primer on the deck, scuffed with a scotch brite but the paint still didn't adhere well to that primer. I probably should have used the Majik primer too.

DAC

I used Majik MF red with the hardener and reducer on the 610 mower deck for the MF12G. No fading, but the tractor is inside when not in use. Problem was, I used automotive etch primer on the deck, scuffed with a scotch brite but the paint still didn't adhere well to that primer. I probably should have used the Majik primer too.

DAC
For some reason I have found out that two different brands of primer and finish hardly ever work well together.

Well its white....
IMG_20220819_184312.jpg
IMG_20220819_184247.jpg
Went as well as it could in 84° heat, very hot metal and blinding sunlight....Really tough seeing how the paint was laying on in bright sunlight.. Oh of course and the occasional bug...
All in all I'm satisfied with it. Lots of white. Got to add some stripe's or something yet... I shall return... :thumbs:

Before and after's...
57232-6b243367bb61920f482c85d30e0c7735.jpg IMG_20220819_184247.jpg

Love it when a plan comes together. You done a nice job on that Bill. I Googled them it looks like most are just white. I would say you have a clean slate to stripe it like you want. If you have a designated tractor to use with this maybe do something that matches it.

Back