New year new remodel projects.

Toomanytoys84

Aaron
Last year was bathroom, living room and finishing up other odds and ends.

This year. Kitchen, dining room, short hallway and redo the floor in the laundry room.

Ordered the kitchen cabinets tonight. Lowes unfinished oak fronts. Had them in my last house. Some modifications and they are decent cabinets. Probably going to paint them rather than stain. Lowes had them 20% off. Got all the cabinets, used a 10% off coupon and got them for just under 700 delivered.

Kitchen will need minimal drywall work as it's all pretty decent. One wall needs done and the ceiling is those old fiber tiles. One wall is the chimney. Going to do either side of it as a pantry.

Dining room (old living room) walls are fine. Ceiling is good. Just floor and paint in there will finish it.

Hallway isnt really a hallway more like a place were 4 doors meet. I just need to redo the ceiling and drywall. Area is 4x4 maybe.

Laundry room floor is 5 years old. I bought the cheapest stick tiles. 50 cents a square foot...they are wore out. New floor. Plan is to have someone lay linoleum from the kitchen into the hallway then through the laundry room.

This room is completely untouched from when we moved in minus the paint we threw on the walls when we moved in and basically did nothing else. Cabinets are all hand made by the guy who had the house out of scrap wood! They look terrible and are falling apart! The carpet is awful. It's not even carpet anymore. Its solid. You scrub it and it just looks the same. Water lays on top of it!

Plumbing is all good as I've redone it all fixing leaks. Windows are good.

20190101_201952.jpg
20190101_201656.jpg20190101_201628.jpg
20190101_201634.jpg

Looks like a good project! We are glad we replaced our old single wide with a new modular. So much better now. New furnature has made a big difference. Eating at the dining room table after 20 years of just eating anywhere.

Kitchen is embarrassing. I hate having people over. It doesnt matter how much you clean it. It still looks dirty.

We have never had a dining room or a living room that was useable. Now thanks to moving rooms and the addition we have both! I got so used to sitting 4 feet away from the TV that it's hard to watch TV now that I'm 10 feet away.

We never had any place to store food. The new kitchen will have the pantry and open up cabinet space. We have so much stuff that I cant store pots and pans in the cabinet i have to keep some on the stove or in the oven.

Last edited:
Progress is being made. Lots of cleaning in there throwing away years of junk drawers accumulations. Tomorrow the base comes out, plumbing capped and drywall goes up with the first coats of mud and tape. Going to have to do the back wall, bulk head, right hand wall. I can save the left hand all around the octagon window. Good thing is I can save a lot of taping where the cabinets cover. I'll leave it unfinished there.
20190105_215734.jpg

The kitchen is the most expensive room to redo for sure. Ours could use some work, but not happening anytime soon.

I want to be under 2 grand. Stainless sink is fine. Faucets are fine. Plumbing is fine. Wiring is fine. Drywall and compound is cheap. Cabinets were cheap but I'll put my own flair on them.

All appliances minus the fridge are new. 2000 in the remodel. 1000 for fridge. Out and done.

Around 10 last night I didn't feel like going to bed, so I stayed up an hour and finished putting up the corner beads around the windows(no trim windows) and around the bulkhead areas Tonight I can sling some tape and mud.

Cabinets come Tuesday. Hopefully I can get the base cabinets mounted and finish the upper drywall seams on wednesday, then between Thursday and Friday smooth out the mud, get the counter top on, sink and upper cabinets. I already see the way the plumbing is ran is going to be an issue! The supply lines and drains run everywhere!

That's the super plan, but I know it won't happen that way...but I can dream!

Back