Northwood instutute 2019.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Here in Michigan April can be tricky as far as weather goes. But today we also have many means on guessing fairly accurately what tomorrows weather is going to be like. We also today have many high tec types of clothing to wear to endure the elements.

So complete with our arsenal of winter and spring clothing at hand we pack our Buick for the drive to Midland Michigan where Northwood institute is locatated. Weather guessers were saying the high for the day was going to be 51F in Midland with winds steady at 15MPH with gust much stronger.

Northwood is one of Michigans premier automotive schools. Any high school student that wants a job today in the autmotive indrusty goes to Northwood.
This show is total put on by the students of the autmotive sections of Northwood with adult advisors.

2018 they had 63 cars and trucks show up for the show again the first of the season.
They ended the show early in 2018 due to comflicting events being held and the parking lot being needed for parking.

This year they had 28 cars and trucks show up for the first show of the season. it was also the fourth to be held by the students.
It was also called early this year, they never stated a reason but if I were to guess I would say it was due to the cold west wind. That wind was so strong it blew some hoods down on cars, cut thru exposed flesh with a double hand of switch blades.

Now if I were a guessing man I would guess this show is dieing on the vine. It takes a bit of time to pull a car/truck from winter storage and get it ready to drive to a show. There is the time spent cleaning, waxing and pimping them to shine from stem to stern form top to bottom. Then the show ends in 2 hours, those who heeded the weather guessers and are residents of Michigan were dressed for the weather and were enjoying the visit with many old like minded friends and meeting new friends of the future.

I had spent hours pimping our Buick starting with a change of oil and greasing the chassis. Then it got a total bath with scrubbed tires and slick mist wax on all metal surfaces.

These pictures are from last year, no way was our story board going to stand in the wind.

Our Buick
uVXsIXy.jpg

Could not keep the hood up this year.
3Qmj73g.jpg

Adult advisors car.
HvSIbAM.jpg

Also 2018 show again the story boards would not stand up to the wind.
eJRKHgc.jpg

This Bronco made it again in 2019.
p639ry6.jpg

This Nova also made it.
F9mriYs.jpg

The only Chevel this year.
TA5cNpD.jpg

:D Al

Didn't read it did you?

Drove one hour fifteen minutes to the show. It lasted a full 2.5 hours, no where near a day.

Remaining pictures I had took of cars that were not there last year.

41 Chevy.

Street rod.

Saab 1975 I believe they said.

Caprice rug rat hauler.

AMC AMX.

Hit and miss weather in April everywhere. First car show up here is 3rd week of May in Atikokan On
I’m doing some work on mine. Should have it done in a couple weeks as #1 son is in town and available to help

Attachments

• 99AFD377-7D43-4CFD-9926-6CECB93AAB6C.jpeg
    99AFD377-7D43-4CFD-9926-6CECB93AAB6C.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 6
Didn't read it did you?

Drove one hour fifteen minutes to the show. It lasted a full 2.5 hours, no where near a day.

Remaining pictures I had took of cars that were not there last year.

41 Chevy.

Street rod.

Saab 1975 I believe they said.

Caprice rug rat hauler.

AMC AMX.

I read that you had more pics to download.missed the part about last year. Saw shiny old GM and lost concentration.

Keep taking photos of the more uncommon vehicles. For some reason I have always had a soft spot for the 63 1/2 Ford 2dr. hardtops. Beautiful design.

Back