NOS BRITISH BUILT ENGINE

Hankg

Tractorologist
I bought this engine from the same guy I bought my Brillion GT6, this is a British built engine and I'm guessing it is 8 to 10 hp It has an igniter which at first glance appears to be a starter. The engine has never run and never had gas in it, and only minimal oil in it from the manufacturer. Has anyone ever seen one or heard of one ? it has no name plate only the letters J.A.P. and 1962 marked in two places it spins freely and I'm so tempted to fire it off, not unlike myself if you gave it an drink I think it would come to life. One thing I noticed is they refer to the choke as the ( STRANGLER ) love British terminology , and if I keep bringing this stuff home I'm soon to be a victim of a different strangler goes by the name Conny... here's few pics.IMG_2187.JPGIMG_2188.JPGIMG_2190.JPGIMG_2191.JPGIMG_2189.JPG

I'd run it. I don't know how you can just stand there and look at it? You gotta want to know what it sounds like. It's the music that keeps you coming back.

I've always known of JAP motorcycles (used to be big in flat track and ice racing), but didn't know they made small utility type engines.

What's up with that ignition thinger seems there's a little knob on it for something or other ? shot gun shell ? lol

I'd run it. I don't know how you can just stand there and look at it? You gotta want to know what it sounds like. It's the music that keeps you coming back.
Absolutely agree about the engine "music"!!!!

Thank you for sharing the photos. What a great purchase! Tell the "strangler" that they are all investments of great historical worth. (Let me now if that works for ya).

Back