Not a tool but used in the shop!

Toomanytoys84

Aaron
I got tired of not being able to hear my music in the shop when working. I had a small blue tooth speaker but it wasn’t loud enough to over come a lot of the shop noise.

picked up this one from sams club today. Altec Lansing hydra wave. Sounds great in the house. It’s loud enough I don’t want it at full volume. Hopefully it’s enough to hear it at work. 4 speakers and 1 sub woofer. It’s no high quality speaker but it sounds pretty darn good. Water proof and dust resistant. Hopefully it holds up! Should do just fine sitting on the shelf where I kept my old one. I usually hit it with the blow gun a couple times a week to keep it clean and cover with a towel when it’s not being used.

I use YouTube music and have a play list that hits pretty much everyone’s taste at the shop. Our oldest guy is mid 50s yongest is early 20s. So I try to hit everyone’s style. We can all agree no rap or hip hop! People make requests and I add them to the play list then the app adds similar music in.
84E70BC9-E78C-4120-897E-B57CFD70A066.jpeg

Altec always had a good reputation. I need to upgrade my shop. I bought a JBL Charge4 Bluetooth for my shop but it hasn’t made it out there yet too much dust. I have a large dust collector system but haven’t installed that yet. I’m still using a Pioneer car stereo playing through a pair of the old but nice Sony speakers using my IPod Classic or my phone. I too use YouTube a lot for music but I’m not subscribed so I have to put up with those commercials.

Looks like a pretty cool device, Aaron! Amazing something that small can make enough sound for you to hear in an industrial setting!

At work, there is no sense trying to make music as we work in 6 or 7 different buildings, and outside too. The young-uns run around with buds stuck in their ears. Here at home, my shop has an office and the main work bay. 30 years ago I ran speaker wires around both rooms and just have a single old stereo in the office. Since radio signal doesn't come in worth a crap anymore---and radio stations suck anyway, I have an antique setup with a cassette deal stuck in the stereo and plug ipods into it. I only have to please me and my wife so the music don't appeal to anyone but old farts! Never rap or hip hop here obviously too---LOL!

DAC

Been using this speaker every day for the last 2 months. It works great. Loud enough to hear the music in the high Bay Area from one end to the other as long as there isn’t a lot of air tools or grinders going. In the paint barn by myself it’s fantastic. I can hear it plain as day. I thought about buying a second one so I can put one on either side and link them. That way it would be perfect but I set it up close to me. I can hear it all the time.

Sometimes I use my ear buds if im doing a lot of fork lifting or walking back and forth. Makes it nice. They have ambient sound mode so I can hear what’s going on around me plus the music.

for some reason I’ve been listening to a lot of country. Not really a country fan but it’s been my go to for the last 2 weeks.

Im satisfied with my purchase.

Back