Not my favourite year,

Brother in law has an'82. Last year of this body style. Production numbers in '82 were pretty low making it a little more rare than the previous years. The upside of these more common Vettes is a common man can sometimes afford one!

DAC

Heard one of the newer ones going a few day ago, 2020 maybe. Who knows what year it was., but it sounded terrible. The way they make them look now hard to tell what year it was. Had the exhaust out the back in the middle of the rear end. Four pipes coming out I think. Any way. Didn’t sound like something I would want to drive.

Noel

Had heavy traffic Westbound out of Des Moines Tuesday afternoon. Most traffic was trying to run 70+ but 60-65 most of the time. Several semi's in the mix. Finally caught up to the rolling road block. Somebody in an older Vette driving around 63-65 mph on the interstate. Kind of hilly so the semis had to catch him going down hill to get around him and cleared good. Once we got by him things started to spred out and speed picked back up to the 70+ norm.

That looks like a 77/78.
In '79 they went to the full glass hatchback which continued until '82.
There is only 1- 1983 model in existence. They build 43,

factory could not get production up in running for new body style so 83 was pushed over into 84. All but 1 car was destroyed, a worker parked one car behind a storage building for some reason and forgotten, thankfully so.

20211023_110709.jpg
20211023_110734.jpg
20211023_110723.jpg

That looks like a 77/78.
In '79 they went to the full glass hatchback which continued until '82.
There is only 1- 1983 model in existence. They build 43,

factory could not get production up in running for new body style so 83 was pushed over into 84. All but 1 car was destroyed, a worker parked one car behind a storage building for some reason and forgotten, thankfully so.

View attachment 70323
View attachment 70325
View attachment 70324
Looked like a Camaro,,,’83, the year they neutered the ‘Vette

Back