Not Snowin' yet....

Lance Skene

Alberta, Canada
..but Im ready for it;)

Picked up this '85 Bronco II around the turn of the last century for $200, scored a 72" Snowbear blade about 4 yrs ago for $100. Crappy weather lately had me thinkin today was a good day to pull it out and check everything over before winter... only issue is the rubber stops at max blade height needs to be repaired, I wont bother putting the blade on until I actually need it. Pretty much no exhaust left, and pretty much all rust, busted windshield... but all fluids are up, lights and heater are workin... good to go Playin in the Snow ;)
041.JPG

Neat ride, my first truck was an 87 ranger 4x4, with the 2.9 5spd, it had 296k on it and never touched the engine when I sold years later. fun times in that truck.

In '85 the BII and Rangers still had the 2.8 with a carb, Ive ripped out all the polution/computer crap and did a Durospark Ignition conversion. These BIIs have become a habit almost as bad as my GTs, this one is an '85/5spd, I also have an '84/4spd and an '85/auto XLS plus 3 parts trucks, and an '80 full size Bronco with the removable roof and big block.

Last winters snow removal fleet had a couple Ford GTs aswell but both tractors have since been sold....

002.JPG

I dont even bother plowing my driveway. If the vehicles are parked in it a it snows overnight I can shovel it in about 30 minutes. If it snows and the vehicles arent parked takes me about an hour.

I swear it takes me just as long to plow with a tractor as it does to shovel.

Dads driveway get plowed. As it's reasonably long and wide. Plus he has a paved pull off that's about 50' long.

The bronco 2 is one of my favorite little vehicles.

That's some snow....we usually get 1 or 2 inches. A few times we get 3 or 4. And rarely more than 6 at a time. Worst we got was in 2002 to 2003 winter and it piled up to about 3 feet. Prior to that it was 1994 when we had a snow like that.

I had a 84 Blazer for years with a Meyers plow.....Real handy for driveways. It rusted out and the 2.8 finally gave up a few years ago. Just my garden tractors now....I miss that heater.....lol

Attachments

• Picture1 007.jpg
    Picture1 007.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF00021.JPG
    DSCF00021.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 6
JR thought that this year we should have a walk behind blower. And is hoping like every thing that I get the tractor mounted blower operating. Here he is switching from his brush to the blower.1020181207.jpg

Working on my snow equipment now but again for another year the 1968 Sears Hydrotrac will be the bread winner. Each year I have done a little something something to make the old girl better and better. Last year at the end of the winter season she popped a chain so coming into this winter with a brand new set sprockets and chain.

20171107_100133.jpg 20171107_100158.jpg

Don't be fooled by her looks she is a Cadillac in the snow.

20160307_131306.jpg
This is what she looked like when we got her at the time we had no idea this would be our favorite tractor. This was the start of my sears collection.

Next this year will be my 1973 Roper RT16-T I just got this tractor last winter and with some help from a member on this site I got the engine rebuilt and will be ready to see how it does in the snow.

20171125_151719.jpg 20180218_125319.jpg 20180218_125338.jpg

Just got done fitting it with a Haban blower just like the hydro has so this winter should be interesting.

Last is my plow tractor ....yup another Sears ! This one is a 1968 Manual....I committed a crime once again pulled out the old Tecumseh and put a replant in it. This time I stuck with an old cast iron engine though not some modern OHV fuel efficient econo box like I did with Lucy. I snagged me a quietline model cub cadet (yup the one with the large sump) and made it fit because I was told it wouldn't. I even loved the way it sounded , or lack there of, so I even used the Cub Cadet exhaust......

20180322_182613.jpg 20180329_113717.jpg 20180329_113737.jpg

I would show you more but I am out of slots (thats prolly a good thing). This will be my plow tractor the plow that is on the Roper belongs to this tractor and will be on this one as a full time plow. Feels like I have been saying that for years now but my goal is near the end.

The reason I wanted the heavier engine for this is because as a plow tractor once I add weight to the rear the front becomes lighter or harder to steer in the snow. Snow blowing I wanted a lighter engine in the front to keep the tractor easier to steer because the weight of the blower is enough.

I have done it ! .....I recall saying one day I would have an all sears fleet back on GTtalk I have had plans for these for a long time and have put a lot of hard work into them as well as money but I feel that even with everything I spent and all the hard work I have done rounding up and repairing attachments/parts/engines I will have way better equipment then the new box store stuff.

These will be the only 3 tractors I am keeping and sorry to say it but there will be no others. I even gave my C-120 Wheel horse to my son and let me tell you that was an awesome snow mover.

Lol... Hey Im a Canadian eh... we like the SNOW ;)

We have to, don't have much choice.
Actually, I look forward to the different seasons, around February, it gets a bit monotonous, but then you look forward to spring. I get sick of the heat in the summer too.

I am in Michigan and I love snow too. Will just be the bota and back blade I suppose. But I do have my curb side find MTD walk behind snow blower with the predtor engine.

:D Al

Back