Not suppose to be in the section, but

I've got a Rural King RK25 which is the TYM T-25. About 60 hours on it and it's been a good tractor so far.

I believe the one in the picture is a 234 which I looked up. That one will have a Mitsubishi engine.

The only issue I know of with TYM is some of their smaller subcompacts cool the hydraulic fluid with a nylon fan on the driveshaft that moves air over the transmission. The fan apparently isn't well protected and if it's operated in brush or a tire lifts a stick the fan can be destroyed. One of the reasons I went with their largest subcompact is it has a true cooler behind the grille rather than that fan.

TYM makes a lot of tractors sold as other brands. They made the Cabellas and Rural King tractors. I think some of the Kioti, Mahindra and Bobcat models are made by TYM. TYM was making some Branson models and acquired the company earlier this year.

The only issue I know of with TYM is some of their smaller subcompacts cool the hydraulic fluid with a nylon fan on the driveshaft that moves air over the transmission. The fan apparently isn't well protected and if it's operated in brush or a tire lifts a stick the fan can be destroyed. One of the reasons I went with their largest subcompact is it has a true cooler behind the grille rather than that fan.

TYM makes a lot of tractors sold as other brands. They made the Cabellas and Rural King tractors. I think some of the Kioti, Mahindra and Bobcat models are made by TYM. TYM was making some Branson models and acquired the company earlier this year.
Yes, those plastic fans eh. I've seen wire mesh shields now being used to protect those fans. I wonder if prior owners will get the upgrade for free. hmmm.

For the past 3 or 4 years the LS tractors (owned by LG appliances) are having terrible time now with fail electronics and DEF issues. The other tractor forums have so many postings on this.

Back