NTM Drill Press

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
Another freebie! Needed some repair and general cleaning. See 3rd pic. I like the speeds it has, but it needs a light on it. Here ya go!
DSCN0158.JPG DSCN0157.JPG DSCN0156.JPG DSCN0155.JPG

This will replace the one I have been using which belongs to Aaron. Just gotta get my 3/4" chuck off it first! This one has a 5/8" chuck.

Sure wish we had a "Tool" forum on here, but I guess this forum is pretty close!

That's the best kind of score, Kenny! Freebie tools are second to freebie garden tractors---never had one of the latter though---LOL! Was it pretty easy to weld that ladder? Looks like it was broken well below where normal work would be.

Must not be the same Aaron that we all know here, since he is still using the HF bench top like I used to use! I got a floor standing one around 3 years ago that outwardly looks a lot like yours. Only 1/2" chuck, and built in 1978. Some relatives of my wife were moving out of state, basically on a wing and a prayer and asked if I'd give them 60 bucks. I told them no, but I'll give you $100. Probably was the best $100 I ever spent! I would give the old HF one to somebody, but all the young guys I know have no interest in drilling holes and building things!

DAC

Sure wish we had a "Tool" forum on here, but I guess this forum is pretty close!

That's the best kind of score, Kenny! Freebie tools are second to freebie garden tractors---never had one of the latter though---LOL! Was it pretty easy to weld that ladder? Looks like it was broken well below where normal work would be.

Must not be the same Aaron that we all know here, since he is still using the HF bench top like I used to use! I got a floor standing one around 3 years ago that outwardly looks a lot like yours. Only 1/2" chuck, and built in 1978. Some relatives of my wife were moving out of state, basically on a wing and a prayer and asked if I'd give them 60 bucks. I told them no, but I'll give you $100. Probably was the best $100 I ever spent! I would give the old HF one to somebody, but all the young guys I know have no interest in drilling holes and building things!

DAC
Different Aaron.

@4getgto Yes, the ladder was broken. Had to pull the head off to put it back together. Lots of surface rust clean up. Wiped a coat of 90W on things to keep the rust at bay.

Wow I feel dumb first I wondered why you would be using Aaron’s drill press living so far away. Second I googled NTM drill press because I never heard of them before. Finally I looked at the badge to get more info and realized what NTM stands for. o_O

Nice find Kenny I like that triple handle and the ladder post is handy. I bought an old Rockwell floor model a few years ago cheap and I love it. I only have two handles on mine and sometimes that third one would be nice to have. By the way I too thought we had a tool thread on here. Maybe we can replace something not being used much with a NTM Tool thread.

I've never attempted adding a forum, but I just tried my hand at it. It is under the "Playtime" category. Sure hope I've done this right. If not I'll do my best to correct it. I'm sure not the sharpest knife in the admin drawer!

Wow I feel dumb first I wondered why you would be using Aaron’s drill press living so far away. Second I googled NTM drill press because I never heard of them before. Finally I looked at the badge to get more info and realized what NTM stands for. o_O

Nice find Kenny I like that triple handle and the ladder post is handy. I bought an old Rockwell floor model a few years ago cheap and I love it. I only have two handles on mine and sometimes that third one would be nice to have. By the way I too thought we had a tool thread on here. Maybe we can replace something not being used much with a NTM Tool thread.
I know what you mean, Jim! I've had a hard time catching on to the all these abbreviations in the texting age. Sometimes I ask, sometimes I remain uninformed! Fortunately I knew what NTM is!

DAC

I have 2, 1973 vintage Rockwell delta drill presses at the moment, one floor model and one bench top model/ which the bench top one was actually given to my son/ but I happened to be at the guys house it came from, with an empty truck at the time /so that one is still sitting here too. I'm starting to wonder which one I should keep here, and which one to send to his house, the longer the bench top model sits here the more I think I might send him away with the tall, floor model. The kid went to school for metalwork, and has wanted to get his own Bridgeport as long as I can remember. He has a line on a smaller mill and lathe as we speak, so we'll see.
I'm hoping he gets them/ because I will either keep him busy with them or make him so tired of my govt projects that he'll eventually show me how to run them myself. I'm sure if he does get them, whether for my stuff or his, those won't sit idle many nights after work.

Back