Oct 29th auction pictures. Cars,tractors

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Spent Friday at an auction and snapped a few pictures. Life time collection of a 97 y.o. gentlemen who had to let everything go. Believe me this is only a part of it..! Apparently this guy also collected record albums and I mean thousands and thousands of them from the 50's ,60's,70's. And probably 60-70 sleds. Cars in pictures ( not certain of years) are a black 37? Buick, mid 80's ?Dakota, and Studebaker (year ?).

2021-10-29_10-02-59_760.jpg 2021-10-29_10-03-04_504.jpg

2021-10-29_10-04-42_623.jpg 2021-10-29_10-04-55_149.jpg

2021-10-29_10-05-09_906.jpg 2021-10-29_10-22-30_309.jpg

2021-10-29_09-30-26_269.jpg 2021-10-29_09-32-52_796.jpg

2021-10-29_09-33-28_413.jpg 2021-10-29_09-53-13_018.jpg

P.S. I didnt bring anything home ;)

Last edited:
What a collection of records. Bet there were severl in there that would be worth some $$ but would have to buy them all to get those few. Was at an auction several years ago that had a collection of wood straight chairs, probably 100 or more. Started choice, then lots of look a likes, then groups of 10. Last 20 or so didn't sell. I caught the ring man a bit later and asked what it would take to buy them, went a look and asked if I had $1 and take them all. Yep. Kept be busy that winter rebuilding wood chairs. Kind of a fun project.

Did you buy anything. Auctions are sad for me but I still enjoy them. I think a lot about how the guy was there with his stuff and now he’s gone. My son 28 and my SIL are into albums they would have spent the whole day there. My wife would like those sleds she has five. I bought a spud bar one time the old man was a railroad guy. Nobody put a bid on it so I got it for the starting bid of .50 and got it. The auctioneer didn’t sell the other four that had different tool ends. Like Roger mentioned I asked him after it was over about the others he asked if f I had a dollar and gave me the rest. I have used those things so many times over the years and a few guys try to buy them when they see me drag them out.

Did you buy anything. Auctions are sad for me but I still enjoy them. I think a lot about how the guy was there with his stuff and now he’s gone. My son 28 and my SIL are into albums they would have spent the whole day there. My wife would like those sleds she has five. I bought a spud bar one time the old man was a railroad guy. Nobody put a bid on it so I got it for the starting bid of .50 and got it. The auctioneer didn’t sell the other four that had different tool ends. Like Roger mentioned I asked him after it was over about the others he asked if f I had a dollar and gave me the rest. I have used those things so many times over the years and a few guys try to buy them when they see me drag them out.

I have a couple of those too. Only issue I have is they get harder to use every year.

I'm like Jim there, it makes me sad for the old gent too. Sounds like he's still alive, Bill? I suppose everything went pretty cheap like that Dakota. Lots of cool stuff there. I'm leaning for '49 for the Studebaker too.

DAC
From what gathered he had to put in a home. Sucks.
But it looks like he had fun..Not everyone gets the privilege of letting your relatives clean all your stuff up.. :thumbs:

So what did the Studebaker bring?
Yeah someone got a great deal on the Dakota, wish I could find one that body style in that kind of shape.
That bigger tractor w/ the blade looks interesting too.

Back