For Sale Opposed twin Briggs 17.5 HP

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
Also listed on Chicago CL
Runs good, had running this morning.
Vertical 1" shaft.
Fresh oil and filter change just last night.
Yes this opposed twin is the version with the pressurized oil and external filter not just splash lubed
I've had it sitting around about a year and 1/2.
In dry storage all that time
Came off yard man LT that the deck rotted out on. I ran the machine before I dismantled it, runs good, seemed like plenty of power, didn't smoke under load hours unknown.
Took off all the sheet metal and power washed,
I have it listed on CL currently for $250.
Currently mounted on power washer frame as a work station. Prefer to keep that.

Attachments

• IMG_20240727_115452145~2.jpg
    IMG_20240727_115452145~2.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240727_115434137_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240727_115434137_HDR.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240727_115337641_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20240727_115337641_HDR~2.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 3
I have the horizontal shaft 17 or 18 hp version of that engine on the snowblower I converted for the front of my tractor. I know there are people that hate them but I like them except for the goofy carb. that they came with. Mine runs great a full throttle and has plenty of power but runs rich in the transition from idle. For $50 it moves snow just fine.
If yours runs like you say it should find a home pretty quickly I would think.

Well I only have it listed on CL and this forum plus 1 other similar forum to this one that I see some of you guys from here at also. (NOT MTF I'm not allowed there after the issue a few years ago) I don't have to be in a rush to sell it at all. It's just now that I drug it out it's just "there".

Ive had several engines before covid that were hard to find. Before and during, seems like a lot were bought and sold while I was "pigeon hole-ing" a few of the harder to find ones like the Kohler magnum twins, not selling.
The horizontal shaft magnums seemed especially hard to find and a gold mine of you did. I finally got 2 of them and kept 1 for a spare for my Ariens snowblower tractor in case the KT died, (still have) and sold the other one to a member we rarely ever see anymore (GL Grumpy)
I gravitate back n forth between old cars/ trucks and lawn and garden stuff to play with in the garage. Somehow I've been on a swing back the other way, just working on what lawn and garden stuff I've "had to" and getting back into my old Fury and my project truck. Since covid it seems what is on CL lingers there longer, while during it, stuff didn't last long enough to drive out and get something you'd need/ want. I have a few others
(A couple of NOS '70s push mower engines, a couple of k series Kohlers) Id consider selling...
I do also have my 18 magnum listed on CL, if it sells it sells if it don't it don't

Back