Outdoor Grill Repair

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
For the last 3 years I’ve been looking at this what use to be a nickel size rust spot but now it’s gone wild. It’s the top of my side burner of the grill. I had to take more apart than I wanted to but it turned out nice. Next up later I want to add some utensil hangers. This has been a really good grill over ten years old now.
DE27442B-1CD8-4F60-8C97-A3BAC6E6CCE4.jpegA70570EF-0909-4234-9EBC-F29F289CF97B.jpegAC6CD7CE-4AF1-4700-86DB-3DE2320AA23A.jpeg20F9EF92-158A-47D7-9F80-0D31C01AFB02.jpeg

My gas grills seem to rot out faster than anything I’ve ever owned.

I don’t have any place to keep them out of the weather and even with a canvas cover it doesn’t seem to help.

I want one of those wood pellet smoker/grill. But it’ll just fall apart

I had a gas grill that had seen better days. Went with a pellet grill smoker combo and love it. Use it more than the gas grill. Food taste better and it don't use a lot of pellets. Temp control is digital spot on. No more brats or dogs that come off black and split open and not quite done in the center. The one I got is built heavier than any grill I have had. Not the least bit worried about it falling apart but it is kept under a roof and covered when not in use. Extension off the enclosed deck for the grill only.

The one we got my wife went to get the much smaller version. They ran out of them so they offered her this larger one for the same price. It was listed for $379. close to ten years ago. She got it for $189. It’s the double barrel type with charcoals on the right side and gas with an outside burner on the left side. It stays outside but covered. Most grills we’ve had before this one only lasted a few years and then not worth fixing. I think a lot of them look good but most are junk. My SIL bought a beautiful outdoor kitchen type all stainless steel. A few years later that stainless steel was a big box of rust.

The one I got was made by Pit Boss. Not one piece of plastic on it. Even the wheels are steel with steel spokes. Legs are 1½" steel tubes. No gas or charcoal, only wood pellets. Combo smoker grill. Really like it for smoking. Brats and hot dogs come out with no splits, black areas, etc. Nic golden brown color and all the flavor is inside. Cold weather I throw a welding blanket over it to hold the heat in.

Back