Paper Towel Holder

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
HF has these for about $15. to attach to their tool chests. I wanted something that would hold a toilet paper roll too. I have allergies for about two weeks twice a year and my nose just pours so that TP along side the PT will be handy. Nothing fancy but just some scrap wood and a piece of 1” wood dowel.
09AA6843-D713-4584-935A-14B33142865D.jpegFFCE75BA-2D6E-4A26-B02F-6E66A814E856.jpeg

Just a suggestion, you might want to put the screws in the dowel off center so maybe when you roll towels off it doesn't unroll TP also. Not saying it will happen just the possibility.
That’s a good idea. I used Kreg screws in the dowel rod. They have a square shoulder beneath the screw head. I simply made a saw kerf for my slot and the screws slide down the slot real snug. If it does start to spin I’ll just tighten the screws.

I bought my HF chest several years ago and was glad I did. Tired of digging through a couple tools box trying to find what I was after. They didn't have the bigger one like they do now or I would have got that size. This two piece 44" unit is full plus another 52" roller chest with roll up door with all the test equipment, etc. in it. I guess if I would quit buying tools I would quit running out of room.

Thanks Doug I’m still trying to get use to the tool chest. The kids went in together and bought me that a couple of years ago. I’ve never owned a chest most everything I used was hanging on a wall or in a small tool box.
Wow, Jim! I can't imagine life without a roller cabinet-tool chest! My old Craftsman was given to my by an old gentleman that took us in almost 50 years ago when we were homeless due to a flood. Needless to say it has a special meaning! I never had a shop to use it in until 1991, but I hung on to that thing anyway! Kept it in my bedroom as a teenager growing up, and then in various places through the years. I bought a second one, also Craftsman, used, about 15 years ago as I needed more storage room for tools. Now I've got so much crap that I even have freebie file cabinets with tools and equipment in them---LOL!

If you mean "Trying to get used to the tool chest" as being able to remember exactly what is in which drawer, don't worry about it. It never fails to open the wrong drawer first anyway---LOL!

DAC

I lost my big tool chest in the flood in 2004. I’ve never replaced it. Also lost a bulk of my tools. My go to tool kit is a crescent set. Has 1/4 to 1/2 screw drivers and such in a molded case. Perfect amount of stuff for 99% of the jobs I do at home.

I need a towel holder like that on my pack out set at work. I bet they make them! That TP on there could be useful for other emergencies!

Wow, Jim! I can't imagine life without a roller cabinet-tool chest! My old Craftsman was given to my by an old gentleman that took us in almost 50 years ago when we were homeless due to a flood. Needless to say it has a special meaning! I never had a shop to use it in until 1991, but I hung on to that thing anyway! Kept it in my bedroom as a teenager growing up, and then in various places through the years. I bought a second one, also Craftsman, used, about 15 years ago as I needed more storage room for tools. Now I've got so much crap that I even have freebie file cabinets with tools and equipment in them---LOL!

If you mean "Trying to get used to the tool chest" as being able to remember exactly what is in which drawer, don't worry about it. It never fails to open the wrong drawer first anyway---LOL!

DAC
I finally got use to what was in each drawer. I have had many cabinets over the years just not metal tools cabinets. I salvaged a bunch of cosmetic cabinets from a department store I still use now. I got them for the drawer slides but the cabinets are so well made I just kept them as they were.

I finally got use to what was in each drawer. I have had many cabinets over the years just not metal tools cabinets. I salvaged a bunch of cosmetic cabinets from a department store I still use now. I got them for the drawer slides but the cabinets are so well made I just kept them as they were.
I'm sure you build many great tool cabinets with your woodworking skills. Never needed a steel roller cabinet anyway!

DAC

Back