Parts Massey 1450

jason silliker

Jason Emerald P.E.I. Canada
Going to go grab this 1450 for parts, he wants 150 Canadian so about 100 US lol. It looks like all the hydros are there so I'll have enough valves now to do my loader project & 3rd valve on my 1655 plus spare cylinders & hydro pump & transaxle. Other odds & ends too. I'll post pics when I get it. Should be worth it

Should be worth it.1660047336422.png

So I didn't take the 1450....yet. There wasn’t much there it was useable to me. The valve handles on the valves were reworked although that’s not an issue the deck cylinder was there but a little rusty the only thing that would be good would be the Hydro pump and I assume the rear end is the same as a 1655 are there any shorter axles and shafts? Anyway he had this blower there 48 inch that’s already on 1655. Missing a couple pieces but nothing I can’t make. Turns really free. I’ll get some better pics later. I don’t need it but for 200 I couldn’t go wrong. He wanted 300 for it, took 200 then offered to sell the 1450 as well for 100. I guess for an extra hundred I should grab the 1450.

1660483558388.png1660483589553.png1660483620770.png

Last edited:
I'd grab them both! The valve set is worth the asking price for the tractor. Axles are different from the 100 series to the 55 series, but the Peerless center is the same. Spare hydro parts can be priceless. Down this far south I don't really need a blower though.

I'd grab them both! The valve set is worth the asking price for the tractor. Axles are different from the 100 series to the 55 series, but the Peerless center is the same. Spare hydro parts can be priceless. Down this far south I don't really need a blower though.
Thanks Daniel, I'll probably grab it. I procrastinate too much lol. I only spent 500 for the 1655, shipping on the tank you gave and 200 for the blower lol.

When I went to look at them of course they’re sitting outside in the weeds we pull the 1450 out and after doing so I kind of decided not to take it, ended up making an offer on the blower for 200. I was feeling bad about not taking tractor after I got it dug out and loaded the blower without really looking at it. Definitely needs some work but turns over really smooth and it’s heavy just needs one piece of sheet metal replaced which is pretty much the same thickness as oil tank sheet metal and I have a ton of it here. It will just be time in a little bit of material and of course making it fit the front of the 1655. Why do I do this to myself LOL. Ideally what I’m looking for is one of the Berco sawtooth blowers like the 44 inch I have on my John Deere but it would mean more modification to get the speed reduction.

Last edited:
That should throw real good with a 6 blade impleller. What I should say is, that it will work real good. Not throw farther, but it will get rid of the snow good and rpm will stay up.
Was thinking it was Ariens. Because of the impeller.

Noel

That should throw real good with a 6 blade impleller. What I should say is, that it will work real good. Not throw farther, but it will get rid of the snow good and rpm will stay up.
Was thinking it was Ariens. Because of the impeller.

Noel
Post on another forum said the six blade fans wont let the snow enter as well as a 3 or 4. Some guys cut three blades off. Also the problem is the chute is only a 6 inch round hole that's reduced down to about 5" on the impeller side. It’s definitely a nice heavy unit. The driveshaft isn’t there or the lifting mechanism but that’s easy to make.

Last edited:
Post on another forum said the six blade fans wont let the snow enter as well as a 3 or 4. Some guys cutthree blades off. Also the problem is the chute is only a 5 inch round hole. It’s definitely nice have a unit but it has a little bit of rust like I said. The driveshaft isn’t there or the lifting mechanism but that’s easy to make. Just have to decide if I want invest a few hours into it or just resell it.

That’s kinda strange a 5” opening. Normally 6”. My Case snowthrowers are 8” opening. Which I think is to big. They move a lot of snow but don’t throw it very far.

Noel

For 78 bucks U.S. I would buy that 1450 for spare parts for mine! That's about half what i bought thew 1450 for but obviously have more in it now!

Hope the snow blower works well, Jason!

DAC

Here’s what I was referring to Noel

Ya. That’s kind of odd Jason. But. May give it good pressure to throw.
Like I said about my Case throwers, they have an 8” opening and don’t throw very far. My John Deere thrower is basically the same as a Case thrower, but it has a 6” opening. And it throws much better than the Case one.

Noel

Attachments

• 322C4141-21EE-4A57-A1C7-672E9CF084C1.jpeg
    322C4141-21EE-4A57-A1C7-672E9CF084C1.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 7
  • EE15B7DB-02E3-4C7C-8081-890F971CE021.jpeg
    EE15B7DB-02E3-4C7C-8081-890F971CE021.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 4E1EE8DB-78B4-44B8-AFD4-8D954E9B76E5.jpeg
    4E1EE8DB-78B4-44B8-AFD4-8D954E9B76E5.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 8
Back