Picked up an RK SCUT

MiCarl

Tractorologist
Wanted something with a loader for around the house. Wanted hydro-static for the loader and so Mrs. could drive it. After a lot of head scratching I picked up an RK25.

Only have about 2 hours on it but so far it seems like a decent tractor.

20210626_125929[1].jpg

Not familiar with a RK25. Who makes it?
This is taken from another forum.
"Rural King, Mahindra, Zetor are all selling rebranded TYM’s. Mahindra sells them with fewer options with their own loader and engines, for a lot more $$. But The others use the exact TYM set up. They are good strong tractors, the only real issue people are having with them is the new display fades quickly and are replaced under warranty. Some Cabela’s locations abandoned their tractors. They are the same as TYM ones with a Woods made loader. TYM bought Kukje machinery, they make Branson tractors. So in the near future you will see the engine in the 55 hp tractor change from the Yanmar to the Kukje built one, which a Cummins design and licensed engine."

Nice looking tractors and have a good rep so far as I hear. Only a couple grand more would get a Kubota, BUT, almost none to be had right now. Passed dealer I deal with and NONE on his lot, and almost nothing else new either. But those Koreans didn't stop working during this virus, and RK has tons of units!

Oh, and do I see turning brakes? That's a huge item over a Kubota....Kubota BX series of the same size has NO turning brakes, just a single brake pedal. Not cool at all, but I've learned to get by without.

Oh, and do I see turning brakes? That's a huge item over a Kubota....Kubota BX series of the same size has NO turning brakes, just a single brake pedal. Not cool at all, but I've learned to get by without.

I haven't tried them yet. I have experience with them on a 4wd farm tractor with R1s on the front and they're useless. The front R1s won't slide so the outside rear just spins.

Nice...
We're going to be jealous.
Mower with it too ??

No mower. I've got a zero turn for that. Besides, those R1s would be hell on the lawn mowing.

Nice looking tractors and have a good rep so far as I hear. Only a couple grand more would get a Kubota, BUT, almost none to be had right now. Passed dealer I deal with and NONE on his lot, and almost nothing else new either. But those Koreans didn't stop working during this virus, and RK has tons of units!

I'm not sure the Kubota is only a couple grand more comparably equipped. And it's not clear to me whether you can get R1 tires on theirs or a green one. Same thing with the Yanmar tractors.

RK was short on tractors for awhile too. My local store looked like locusts had been through. They had a couple of the large tractors and a couple of their smallest SCUT but no others. They tell me they won't see another of the next smaller model until next year. I had to order mine site unseen because they couldn't get them for the showroom.

I've looked over a really nice RK37SC with cab and Shuttle Shift. Extremely tempting. DW said, what's wrong with the machine I got? Well, no cab for the icy cold winters here. (down to -22F ugh). It has a loader! It has a Yanmar engine! About the same compact size of my machine. It's about $30K. That was the harder sell.

Kukje and Yanmar have agreements too. Kukje literally makes in their own factory Yanmar engines. And Kukje uses the same mechanical fuel delivery system Yanmar invented decades ago. No computer glitches causing the machine to just sit there with a no-start.

The Yanmar F395, F475, F505, F535, F605, F705, F805 and others are really Kukje machines.

Kukje has been building agricultural machinery since 1968, and has supplied components for Yanmar, John Deere and engines for Cummins. In 2016, Kukje was acquired by Korean tractor manufacturer TYM.

My other option is an SX3100 Yanmar Cub Cadet with cab. 3 farms down, the neighbor has one. I can find them used at a nice price, but mostly no cabs.

To the OP, that RK25 is basically what I have now without loader nor cab nor 4WD. Nice machine you picked up. :)

Back