Planing our summer weekends.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Last year the very first out door car show was April 21ST. Enjoyed most of the show put on by the students in the automotive dept of Northwood Instute Midland Michigan. Only two things Disliked about it was the food prices, like $6:00 for a Brat. and they gave a best in show plaque to a 2019 Corvette with dealer plates on it even. They have not posted if they are having it for 2019.

The Shepard Maple syrup car fest car show is April 25th this year a great show last year but a north wind made it cold there. Have put this one on the list again for 2019.

May is where most shows start but not a whole lot being posted as yet.

Once I am sure of the weather and our road is dry I need to uncover and remove the cover on the Buick take a drive to warm it up good and change the the oil. No way I am going to trust my beauty to some greasy pawed oil changer other than my self.

This year we are dropping shows from 2018 where it was clear they were good old boy shows where locals got all the prizes.

The Port Huron show is already listed we like it very well lots of cars/trucks from Canada there.

GoodRich is posted already also August 3d is that one. May try a couple different ones in the area at that time this year.

The early St. Johns Michigan show is posted already but not the Mint fest show yet.

:D Al

I'm sure hoping I can get to a tractor show or 2 this year. I'm not really able to enjoy plowing much anymore, but shows are fun still. I'd like to make Evansville, IN and maybe Butler County show here in Ky. Possibly Lanesville, IN show too. With all that's been going on in my life, I'll be happy if I can make just one of them!

I used t0 enjoy the tractor shows and the friends I made there.
But now I am makeing friends at car/truck shows. Have people meet me once I get parked with a fresh cup of coffee even.

We don't plan our weekend more than a couple weeks ahead. No tractor shows anywhere close and same with car shows. Not driving for hour and half to get to a show to land in the middle of a crowd of people. Did enough of that doing train shows several years ago. Kind of like the peace and quiet of our little corner of the country.

used to go to a bunch of car shows and cruise nights.... went on Hot Rod Power Tour 2 years in a row. been going to a lot more tractor shows, vs car shows, (if any) the last few years.

Just in the Midland Northwood Instute spring car show April 19th 2019.

Sure will be happy when it is warm enough and dry enough to remove the covers from the Buick.
We also have to plan a trip to Unionville for some warranty work on the car.

I took my grandchildren to car show where they got to road test some pedal cars....today I saw a vintage traffic safety pic. Same cars?

Attachments

• 2E31C293-0487-403A-AC20-7FD0694980DB.jpeg
    2E31C293-0487-403A-AC20-7FD0694980DB.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 54D0CAC6-4E8C-40A6-B55C-0F62999670F7.jpeg
    54D0CAC6-4E8C-40A6-B55C-0F62999670F7.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 4E45700C-468B-479B-90EA-A83719D0410E.jpeg
    4E45700C-468B-479B-90EA-A83719D0410E.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 6
Back