Potatoe patch planted.

Propane1

Tractorologist
There now. All planted. Potatoes in on right side of step. Lettuce planted both sides of step. Carrots on the right side of window well and in front of it. Beets left front of window well. Green and yellow beans planted at the back on each side of the window well.

Noel

Attachments

• B0FB93FC-467D-401D-9C03-B28811479218.jpeg
    B0FB93FC-467D-401D-9C03-B28811479218.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 612CC269-0DCE-40CD-88DC-2BDFBE0DB131.jpeg
    612CC269-0DCE-40CD-88DC-2BDFBE0DB131.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 22C2D6A4-6F47-4AB6-BDC5-A7B4D88701B7.jpeg
    22C2D6A4-6F47-4AB6-BDC5-A7B4D88701B7.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 5
  • B94CE005-21AE-4BCB-9AAA-9B2249F8B19C.jpeg
    B94CE005-21AE-4BCB-9AAA-9B2249F8B19C.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 5
Same here Noel we put the second garden out two years ago for just corn and potatoes. Two out of our three kids have their own gardens now so I think next year we are cutting back too. My wife told me this morning that 10 lbs. of potatoes may be close to to $10. soon. Anything to do with corn is outrageous right now.

Same here Noel we put the second garden out two years ago for just corn and potatoes. Two out of our three kids have their own gardens now so I think next year we are cutting back too. My wife told me this morning that 10 lbs. of potatoes may be close to to $10. soon. Anything to do with corn is outrageous right now.

Wow that’s expensive Jim. Might have to keep growin them, or stop eatin them. Hehe.
Any potatoe growers in your area. You could go to them and buy 50lb bags for about 15 dollars or less. I’m guessing. I have a fella here that I buy from some times. Sadly it’s cheaper to buy 50lb bags than grow them, and no digging. But nice to have your own.

Noel

Noel there are going to be a lot of spud bugs with nothing to eat if you keep cutting back.
Must be a sign of the times as we are cutting back also. Seems like the Kids just don't want to hassle with the produce and me and the wife don't use that much. Garden will probably be a little smaller but the rows will be farther apart so it's easier to weed with the garden tractor.

Noel there are going to be a lot of spud bugs with nothing to eat if you keep cutting back.
Must be a sign of the times as we are cutting back also. Seems like the Kids just don't want to hassle with the produce and me and the wife don't use that much. Garden will probably be a little smaller but the rows will be farther apart so it's easier to weed with the garden tractor.

Maybe the bugs will go some where else Chris. Hehe
My two kids buy potatoes at times after me telling them, they are there for the taking. Any way. They do their own thing. Which is good. I’ve got great kids. :) But why grow so much it they don’t use it.
Noel

Wow that’s expensive Jim. Might have to keep growin them, or stop eatin them. Hehe.
Any potatoe growers in your area. You could go to them and buy 50lb bags for about 15 dollars or less. I’m guessing. I have a fella here that I buy from some times. Sadly it’s cheaper to buy 50lb bags than grow them, and no digging. But nice to have your own.

Noel
That’s my thoughts exactly cheaper and a lot less work buying them rather than growing them.

Had me worried for a bit that you weren't going to get any seat time out in the potato patch! Your bug battles and potato growing methods are always a good read, Noel! Much more interesting than my "Mowing Monday" stuff! Now the gas expense will play a role in whether it is feasable to be running tractors for small scale hobby farming.

DAC

Had me worried for a bit that you weren't going to get any seat time out in the potato patch! Your bug battles and potato growing methods are always a good read, Noel! Much more interesting than my "Mowing Monday" stuff! Now the gas expense will play a role in whether it is feasable to be running tractors for small scale hobby farming.

DAC

That’s for sure Doug. One has to try and save on burning fuel. The little garden I did beside the house doesn't really require a tractor to do any thing.

Noel

Kind of a toss up, to cut back and buy more, or spend the $$ for the gas in our tractors and raise our own. We are planting fewer tomatoes this year and bought larger plants. It is work to raise the product and throw the excess to the goats too. Joining a Farmers Market group then haul the stuff to tow 10 miles and sell the same stuff everyone else has don't make sense either. Just have to do what fits our sdituation.

Back