Poulon Pro weed whip

Lily'sDad

GMC, They Said
I have a Poulon Pro weed whip that needs a carb adjustment. The carb needles don't have a screwdriver slot. They are a hex shaped shaft that is shrouded.
What do I need to turn these?

But - you have to get them out to cut the slot. Takes a special tool. Come in a set of 3 sizes. EPA really frowns on those getting in the public's hands . Just saying. Check ebay.

In these parts a weed whip has a long handle and a blade about 10" that cut on both sides. Swung my man power. No carb needed.

But - you have to get them out to cut the slot. Takes a special tool. Come in a set of 3 sizes. EPA really frowns on those getting in the public's hands . Just saying. Check ebay.

In these parts a weed whip has a long handle and a blade about 10" that cut on both sides. Swung my man power. No carb needed.
For the longest time my one uncle's preferred weed removal tool was a well worn and well sharpened scythe, he would just wave it at the weeds and they would fall over.

25' of sidewalk, borders the drive on one side and a rock/flower garden on the other.

How does your push mower work at edging the sidewalk . . . or do you just use RoundUp?
We lived in the country, didn't worry about edging the sidewalk. When the grass started to over grow the sidewalk a good sharp flat shovel and cart took care of the problem.We only had about 20 feet of sidewalk to the driveway, had no use for powered weed whackers or edgers.

I use nothing but ethanol gas with Sta-bil and have no issues with starting or running. It goes in Line Trimmers, mowers, GT's, van truck. Not wasting my $$ on buying non-ethanol or pre-mix fuel. Use what works for you, that's what I do.

Never rebuilt a carb on any of mine after the initial after purchase. Line trimmer is a Stihl and hasn't had any work done besides a plug or two in 20 years. Has gas in it all the time.

I think ethanol content varies by area?

I wish we had e50 or e85 available every where. My subaru would have the ethanol sensor and tune done to run on corn. That's good for 50 to 100hp in a turbo car....

Back