Wanted PTO Adapter

chieffan

Tractorologist
Need to go from the small PTO shaft ( 24mm x 21 ) on the tractor to standard 1&3/8 x 6. Tractor is a Satoh Bever. Appreciate any direction to go to run one down, or better yet if you have one you want to part with.

CORRECTION: I went down an re-measured the PTO on the tractor this morning - 3 times in fact. The correct measurements are 25mm x 18 spline. Reading I got was actually 24.982 mm so would be a 25 mm shaft diameter. Sorry for the confusion totally my mistake. 25 mm = 63/64". So 1 " x 18 to 1-3/8" x 6. Found one that is for 1" round shaft with set wscrew to the 6 spline. May get that and add another set screw, or drill it for a cross pin. Once it is on the tractor it will probably never come off as long as I own it. Thoughts ? ?

Last edited:
Need to go from the small PTO shaft ( 24mm x 21 ) on the tractor to standard 1&3/8 x 6. Tractor is a Satoh Bever. Appreciate any direction to go to run one down, or better yet if you have one you want to part with.

CORRECTION: I went down an re-measured the PTO on the tractor this morning - 3 times in fact. The correct measurements are 25mm x 18 spline. Reading I got was actually 24.982 mm so would be a 25 mm shaft diameter. Sorry for the confusion totally my mistake. 25 mm = 63/64". So 1 " x 18 to 1-3/8" x 6. Found one that is for 1" round shaft with set wscrew to the 6 spline. May get that and add another set screw, or drill it for a cross pin. Once it is on the tractor it will probably never come off as long as I own it. Thoughts ? ?
Is this what you are looking for or do you want to go the other way?
PTO Adapter - Female spline 1'' - 18 x Male spline 1 3/8'' - 6 with

Spenco S.15073 PTO Adapter - Female spline 1'' - 18 x Male spline 1 3/8'' - 6 with .

Yes - thanks much. Being that this tractor is Japanese and is metric I am not sure about the fit of those 18 splines. Price is good but if it don't fit right and have to send it back it gets costly. Lot better price than what I found. Will measure that PTO shaft on the tractor again tomorrow to be sure I have it right. If the calipers happened to be on the top edge of two splines on each side the measurement would be a bit smaller. Will make sure it is on the top of a spline both side when I measure again. Will recount the # of splines also. Thanks again for that link. I knew they had to be out there.,

Only a couple out there and the same maker as far as I can tell. The one outfit sells to dealers only. Other wanted $25 expedited shipping from Ohio ??? Bet they are hooked up with UPS where UPS parks a truck and they load it for a cut rate but get all thier small packages also for a flat fee. Have ran into that before with the bigger shippers but what do you do - pay it and go on. No other choice.

I did not see that when I checked Amazon. Got one on the way for close to the same prince, just a bit more. Used to have several different type of adapter picked up at auctions but can't ly my hand on one now. Will stumble over a couple tomorrow probably.

Back