Raising front end of JDX570

Preacher Cliff

Can the front end of the X570 be raised with a overhead pully? The ramps don't get it high enough for this 88 year old to look under. I have the short, small bumper mounted on the mower. I'm thinking about raising the unit high enough to inspect or power wash the mower now and then.

Cliff (Near Washington, NC JD dealer)

Attachments

• DSC02234.JPG
    DSC02234.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 19
Like Gary above says as long as your bumper extends out far enough. Looks like yours might be back a little possibly hitting the hood with the chain or rope..
Don't want to rip your hood off...!

PS.....tell your wife to get off first...;)

Definitely need a spreader bar across the top of the tractor. A chain hook welded to each end of the spreader bar. 1/4" chain is strong enough to lift the front of the tractor. Run the chain with a hook on the end around the axle next to and inside the front wheel. Hook the loose end of the chain to the hook on the spreader bar. Hooks on the spreader bar need to be wider that the front wheels to be pulling away from the hood and not into it. Do the same to the other side keeping the chain length even. A 1/2 loop welded to the center of the spreader bar on top for your chain hoist or winch and you good to go. A length of 2" pipe (NOT TUBING) make a good spreader bar.

The JD small bumper has been installed since the picture. I had the large bumper on my former 2011 X500 for a while, but it was a nuisance for me. I may be able to attach the pully (if I get one) to the bumper which sticks out 3 inches beyond the hood, unless one of you tell me it will not be a good idea. I may just remove the hood if I use a pully.

Thanks for your responses. :)

USAF (Ret) 1973

Back