Ramps for GT's

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
Been thinking about this for a while. Have a project coming up that these would work better than my lift as I would not have the center part of the lift in the way of what I want to do. These are GT footrests I have taken off parted tractors. The ramp is 26" long. May shorten the upper flat section. Trying to decide what height to make them. 1st pic is 12", last is 8.5".
DSCN4790.JPG DSCN4791.JPG DSCN4792.JPG

Made this up for my hyd lift table. When the front wheels are strapped down, if needed I can jack up the rear and set the tires on milk crates. I have found so many uses for this lift table. Made an extension to make it wider for some push mowers. Strap stacked milk crates on it as a rest when cutting up 20 ft steel with the chop saw. Being rated for 1,000 lbs I set my 700 lb welder on it when refurbishing it. It's just been a handy helper for me.
Mike

Attachments

• lift 003 (Small).JPG
    lift 003 (Small).JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 25
  • lift 004 (Small).JPG
    lift 004 (Small).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 26
  • lift 005 (Small).JPG
    lift 005 (Small).JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 23
I have one of the old over head wagon hoist right outside the shop door. If I need to work on something where the lift would be in the way I throw a strap around the axle on both end with a spreader over thew hood and use a chin hoist to lift. Can stand a tractor on it's back wheel with that method. No laying down to work on it. Sit on a stool of 5 gal bucket. Don't work to good when it is raining or in the winter.

I have one of the old over head wagon hoist right outside the shop door. If I need to work on something where the lift would be in the way I throw a strap around the axle on both end with a spreader over thew hood and use a chin hoist to lift. Can stand a tractor on it's back wheel with that method. No laying down to work on it. Sit on a stool of 5 gal bucket. Don't work to good when it is raining or in the winter.
I have no way to do that. The car port isn't strong enough to hang something off of.

Been thinking about this for a while. Have a project coming up that these would work better than my lift as I would not have the center part of the lift in the way of what I want to do. These are GT footrests I have taken off parted tractors. The ramp is 26" long. May shorten the upper flat section. Trying to decide what height to make them. 1st pic is 12", last is 8.5".
View attachment 17968 View attachment 17969 View attachment 17970
I'd say the height is dependent on how low you can go to get under it. For me, higher is better!

I love those lift tables like Mike has. We have a couple of them at work and they do a lot of what would be back-breaking labor! I have never cut loose with some bucks for one here in my shop though. Very creative coming up with that wheel lift attachment for it Mike!

I built a gantry crane about 15 years ago so my method is about like Roger's except I keep the crane in the shop, or can roll it outside.

DAC

front axle 001.jpg

Since I have no available 'sky hooks', I am reduced to supporting things from the ground up. Just trying to find a way that doesn't have the 'lift' mechanism right in the wrong place!

Nice repurposing KP,
New years back, we got one of the hydraulic hoist from Harbor freight that go under the front wheels. It has worked very well.

I have the Fischer brand from HF. Little different lift set up. Kenny;s project can't have the framework extend under the front of the tractor so hs to drive it up on ramps.

Kenny, could you temporarily bury the lift frame? It's less than 2" thick

Kenny, we might understand your situation better if we knew what you are trying to accomplish. Right now I am in the dark as to why that frame will be in the way.

Kenny, we might understand your situation better if we knew what you are trying to accomplish. Right now I am in the dark as to why that frame will be in the way.
The pulleys I want to pull off an engine is almost directly in line with the wheels . I haven't gotten things in order to do a mock up right now!

The pulleys I want to pull off an engine is almost directly in line with the wheels . I haven't gotten things in order to do a mock up right now!
Have to revise that. The engine pulley is about 4" FWD (behind on a RER) of the axle. My lift wouldn't leave me room to get the impact on the crank bolt for the pulley! What I am looking at is repowering a Bolens LK with a Briggs that runs, unlike that stupid Tecumseh!

I see what your up against. It is the cross tube for the lift that gets in the way, not the bottom frame.

I see what your up against. It is the cross tube for the lift that gets in the way, not the bottom frame.
Right! And there is not only a bolt up into the crankshaft but 2 set screws through the side in the middle!

That has to be a first. Never seen set screws with the center bolt. Hope your moves easier than mine did this morning. Pulley on a mule drive, IH Cub. New pulley was just put on last year. Had to move it 5/8" for the re-motor to line up. Had to use a big socket & hammer to drive it on further.

Back