Wanted Reinforced rubber

MacWorld

Tractorologist
Does someone happens to have some segments of reinforced rubber they would be willing to sell and ship to Canada? I want to add paddles to the impeller of my 47" JD snowblower but I cannot seem to find proper material. I would need 3 pieces of around 4" x 2", something like 1/8" thick.

Thank you!

Send your mailing/shipping address (or at least the general vicinity) to me in a message, and I will check into shipping costs.

Scott

image.jpg

If there is a quarry or gravel pit near you, ask if you can get a bit of their old belt material from the conveyor belts. It's the perfect stuff for doing that.

I did that trick to a Cub Cadet single stage last year using non reinforced rubber but it was about 3/8" thick... worked like a D___

Belting from a rock or coal conveyor would work great. That stuff is tough. Rubber outter layer and woven inner layer. Its fights you all the way cutting it.

Big truck mudflap. They are only about $17 Any truck or trailer shop will have them. The more rigid mudflap are thin, maybe 1/4"

Belting is easy to cut with a good razor knife. Just place the middle of the cut line over a piece of 2x4 clamped in the vise so the rubber will spread as the cut is made. Don't worry about cutting a radius on the corners, just form it with the bench grinder for outside radii, for inside raddi use the angle grinder. To drill bolt holes use the size drill bit needed, then grind down a spare bolt so it has a long taper. With it held by the head with vise grips heat it up with a propane or O/A torch and push it through the drilled hole and quickly remove it. Be sure to have leather gloves on because when it goes through the flame will flash back toward you're hand. I guess I don't need to warn there will large quantities of black smoke resulting from this, LOL!!
Mike

I'm pretty sure I cut mine on a band saw. Mud flap sounds like a good option as well as the sidewall from a tire. Make it a snow tire and it should work great. :)

Back