Remember these..?

My 2nd cousin had a green pinto the entire time I was growing up. She drove this car for at least 20 years! It was brush painted green and it just ran forever. Not sure what happened to it.

My great uncle was a great mechanic, had a junk yard and towing service. He always pulled cars from his junkyard for his daily drivers.

Back in the 60s my dad, brother and I were in Detroit taking dads Volkswagen down there to get worked on. On the way back we stopped at a used car lot on Woodward Ave.. In the back of the lot was 1958 Chevy convertible with no price on it. Dad asked the guy how much and he said it has a rod knock in it. It ran and drove but it had a rod knock. Dad started it up and listened to the knock. He asked the guy for a long screwdriver. When he got it he put it on the engine and listened while the car ran. Dad offered the guy $ 75 . He talked to his boss and I think dad got it for $100 . He reminded dad that there was no warranty. My brother drove it off the lot following us. Further up the road we pulled into a auto parts place. Dad went inside and bought a new fuel pump for the Chevy 348 in the car. Changed the fuel pump in the parking lot and the Rod Knock was gone. We had the car for about 3 months and dad sold it for another car and $ 350. The picture of the old cars and the captions reminded me of this.
Roger

I don't see any "Columbia" or "United Artists" recording companies on that list either. I think "Sun" had probably been bought out or went out of business by then. Maybe those companies were "Country and Western" back then? I remember those labels as I was my mom's record changer sometimes!

DAC

I have a HF stethoscope that works real good. At one point I wanted to use it and couldn't hear anything thru it. Got to checking and some little bug built a nest in both ear pieces. Had to take them loose from the hoses and blow them out with air. Only drawback is I have to remove the hearing aids to use it, LOL!! I'm sure someone out there has invented a wireless one to work with hearing aids. I have an app on my phone that will let me start/stop and adjust them.

I had one back in the early 70's. Kind of worked better than a long screwdriver. Hearing aids ? ? Going in to pick up new ones the 12th. The left on of my main 6 yo pair died over a month a go so went to my backup that were 6 yo when i got the last ones. The right one of that pair died a couple nights a go. So down to using one aid from each pair. Better than nothing but not much. None of the phone app stuff for me. Just push the button on the top of the aid and it changes to what I want.

Back