Rope trip plow problems

Ky wil

I've got a #1 allis single bottom plow that I've had idk 6 months more or less. I've used it 3-4 times and usually have pretty good luck with it. I got it out this afternoon and the trip not wanting to work. Seams to work fine going down but when you try to pick it up it wants to kinda jump and click but it doesn't want to raise. I don't know anything about those trips excepted it's awfully aggravating when it doesn't work lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Wil

You might want to take the lift wheel off and clean and re-lube the lift mechanism if needed. It probably hasn't been done in
the last couple of years. :eek:
I can't remember whats in there but spray graphite might be the best lube as it won't attract dirt.

It has grease fitting on it. Do you not think it getting enough lube just that way?
The grease that's in there may be all dried up, cleaning it out and putting in new may just fix the issue.

And check that the wheel that operates the trip mechanism is not dragging in the dirt a little bit.

Noel

And check that the wheel that operates the trip mechanism is not dragging in the dirt a little bit.

Noel
I did check that. It got a wheel with lugs to so it was Fairley easy to make sure it is turning.
Kenny, I've been greasing it every time I used it ,but I never thought about that. I'm sure the is some dryed up old grease in there. That old grease may be on the travel in there from the new grease is why the issue has just came up. Thanks I guess next question would be how do you get it apart lol.

I did check that. It got a wheel with lugs to so it was Fairley easy to make sure it is turning.
Kenny, I've been greasing it every time I used it ,but I never thought about that. I'm sure the is some dryed up old grease in there. That old grease may be on the travel in there from the new grease is why the issue has just came up. Thanks I guess next question would be how do you get it apart lol.
Can't help with taking it apart. I won't swear that's the issue, but you never know!

If I remember correctly the grease zirk on the spindle bearing cover only lubes the wheel bearings. If you pull that cover off and remove the wheel you should have access to the lift mechanism.

Back