Not Mine Ryobi Electric Tractor, Located In Wallingford CT On Facebook Marketplace. Asking $3,300.

That Raven electric mower that came out a few years ago was built in Denver North Carolina.It self-destructed while it was mowing. That is why you cannot find one with a mowing deck on it. The company is no longer in business. It's soured a lot of people on any kind of electric mower.

A guy at work ordered a John Deere z370r with a 48” deck. It’s a pre order. Not sure when it’ll be in but it looks good on paper. I’m all about electric stuff if it fits your needs. He has an acre to mow, flat ground, no need to use a tractor for anything other than cutting grass once a week.

Ive spent years working on battery mining equipment. We have battery powered machines that will run 8 hours, lift 10 to 30 tons (depends on which model). These use old lead acid batteries that weight 6,000lbs alone. But battery tech is improving along with how we utilize that power. VFD drives have really helped these machines. People have attempted to utilize new battery technology in this equipment but the market is so snalll and government regulations on safety and testing add tons of cost to the equation.

A guy at work ordered a John Deere z370r with a 48” deck. It’s a pre order. Not sure when it’ll be in but it looks good on paper. I’m all about electric stuff if it fits your needs. He has an acre to mow, flat ground, no need to use a tractor for anything other than cutting grass once a week.

Ive spent years working on battery mining equipment. We have battery powered machines that will run 8 hours, lift 10 to 30 tons (depends on which model). These use old lead acid batteries that weight 6,000lbs alone. But battery tech is improving along with how we utilize that power. VFD drives have really helped these machines. People have attempted to utilize new battery technology in this equipment but the market is so snalll and government regulations on safety and testing add tons of cost to the equation.
We had a couple sell at work, they are VERY quiet, and they scoot! Will have to see how they hold up. We also had a Sthil electric zero turn demo come in and it scoots faster than the JD.

Not that you used either much Jake but which one impressed you more...?
Not sure, but I will say the Stihl looked real well built. The Deere was a different size to the Stihl, Deere more of a homeowner sized machine and the Stihl more commercial sized. I only really got to look at them, not operate them. I know the Deere machines were put on a sales hold for awhile, not sure why. I will say, being a diehard green and yellow fan, if I had to pick one, it would be a hard decision.

Back