Sandblast Gun Info

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I have a Skat SB gun and haven’t had to buy nozzles in years. Sticker shock at what these cost now. I’ve liked this gun but it’s a pain to continue cleaning the jet nozzle inside the gun right before the ceramic tip. This happens no matter how dry the medium is. I was looking at these other guns where you can buy the nozzle tips everywhere and a lot less expensive. This gun is sold under several names but it’s the same gun. Has anyone used this gun, it’s got good ratings.

The nozzle tips I use
EC390BA7-3FB3-41AF-AFE0-769399F30892.png

The gun I’m looking at to buy
D340911F-6293-4699-B491-22C5BB0F3378.png

The bottom gun is the one that came with my blast cabinet. The main complaint i have is just inside the nozzle there is a spot that narrows down and little bits of old rust or fiber will build up in there. I have to take the nozzle off and use a pick to clean it out. I also bought a foot valve to have on the floor vs holding the trigger all the time. I have my trigger taped back in the on position and use the foot valve.

The bottom gun is the one that came with my blast cabinet. The main complaint i have is just inside the nozzle there is a spot that narrows down and little bits of old rust or fiber will build up in there. I have to take the nozzle off and use a pick to clean it out. I also bought a foot valve to have on the floor vs holding the trigger all the time. I have my trigger taped back in the on position and use the foot valve.
I bought the HF blast cabinet with no gun along with some other things several years ago on Market Place. I already had the Skat gun that I’ve been using both inside the cabinet and outside for larger items. I thought sense this gun I posted is a more common gun I could use it in the cabinet. I’II go ahead and order the gun tonight it should be here on Thursday. Thanks!

Back