Saved a HF 212cc

ol' stonebreaker

Tractorologist
Friend brought a HF water pump for me to get the impeller and back plate off an engine with no compression. Got it done and mounted everything on a good engine he picked up at a yard sale. Checked out the "bad" engine and found the exhaust valve was sticking. Sqirted some oil in the cyl and kept cranking it over and over having to back off the exh rocker because it kept losing lash. Finally got it to maintain lash, put the plug back in, gave it a shot of ether and it fired off. Made sure fuel system was OK, gassed it and it starts and runs just fine. Set both valves to proper lash and it's all OK. When he came to get the pump I got out of him he'd been messing with lash and that's why the rocker arm was tightened too far. He told me to keep the engine and I said OK but if the yard sale engine goes gunnybag he's welcome to this one.
Mike

Hope you start a tread on that...I see there a bunch of performance parts available.,
I'm gonna start gathering parts. Have some.

Flat top piston
Billet rod
Billet fly wheel
Slide carb
Cam
Rockers
Valve springs

So many parts to pick from. Last one I built went on a go kart with skinny slicks on the back. It would roast the tires. It was fun.

I'm gonna start gathering parts. Have some.

Flat top piston
Billet rod
Billet fly wheel
Slide carb
Cam
Rockers
Valve springs

So many parts to pick from. Last one I built went on a go kart with skinny slicks on the back. It would roast the tires. It was fun.
Gopowersports has the whole kits

Gopowersports has the whole kits

I usually buy everything from arc racing since the build most of the parts.

I checked out their page they have a lot of stuff. I'd like to build a pulling engine using one of the 22hp predator twins. I have the engine but man are hop up parts expensive

Last edited:
You guys are making this stuff sound too cool.....And I'm retire now too....;)

It's about 400 bucks to pull 14 to 18hp out of a predator. If you do the work yourself. Going beyond that requires exponentially more money....

I like running a mikuni style slide carb as I feel they are way more responsive than a regular carb. It's kind of fun raving a little engine up to 8 to 9k rpm. They really scream.

At stock they push 21 mph max. I'm only doing stage 1 stuff on the kids gokart (Bigger jet , air filter and open exhaust) it will give a little bit of a boost.

Your speed is directly dependent on gearing, rpm and tire size. Change any of the 3 and get more speed.

A stock predator with 12/72 sprockets and 21" tall tire governed at 3600rpm on my big bike would run 36mph on flat ground.

I just picked up a hemi 212 for my bike project. Gonna build a new go fast motor out of it. Aiming for 14 to 15hp from it.

I like watching cars and cameras and red beard's garage on youtube. Go Power Sports sponsors both of them, they do a lot with the predators.
C&C just blew up a 670 that was pushing 50 hp, dipstick came out and ran her dry while they were racing their racing mower. Motor locked up and Isaac ended up flipping mower, nice road rash up the back.

Back