School me on simplicity ac da attachments

Lawdawg79

Tractorologist
How interchangeable are attachments from other tractors. Like would a Sears or a Bolens or a JD tiller be adaptable to an Allis 917?

Are Simplicity attachments from other or oldrr model linestractors compatible?

Are some attachments like a snow plow more easily adapted than others?

I would like a snow blower or a blade and a tiller. Maybe a plow if i found a deal.

Aside from that most things would be pull behind like a plug aerator, spreader and so on.

Now I'm pretty new to the garden tractor scene as I just got mine a few weeks back. But I look at all these attachments in the pictures and whatnot and they all look pretty similar to one another.

Even Four wheeler snow plows look like something I could adapt to this tractor with a little cutting and Welding of the plow

Last edited:
The older Sears Suburban attachments, pre 1980, will probably not work, Sears used a "sub" Cat 0 3 pt system, the arms are only 121/2-13" wide, the true CAT 0 is 19 or 20". The front implements also slid into the front frame so they will not fit any other model. Later Craftsman went to a sleeve hitch on the back so you maybe able to use those, but not sure of your hitch setup.
Earlier AC/Simplicty also used I believe a smaller sleeve hitch system, but I maybe wrong on that, one of our experts will have to comment.

Everything is interchangable... if you have a torch and welder..LOL

but realistically.... nothing is interchangable from other brands... most often even models within the same brand are not interchangable. The good news is however that Simplicity built machines are fairly interchangable. Simplicity began as the lawn and garden division under Allis Chalmers and most of their GTs shared all the attachments.... for example... right now I have 3 Simple machines... AC718, AC712S, Simplicity 7016 Sovereign..... all three can use the same deck, tiller and snowblower.

but realistically.... nothing is interchangable from other brands... most often even models within the same brand are not interchangable. The good news is however that Simplicity built machines are fairly interchangable. Simplicity began as the lawn and garden division under Allis Chalmers and most of their GTs shared all the attachments.... for example... right now I have 3 Simple machines... AC718, AC712S, Simplicity 7016 Sovereign..... all three can use the same deck, tiller and snowblower.
Sometimes you need a good hammer too Lance.

Simplicity was building walk behind tractors decades before A/C bought them.
As a matter of factor they built their first riding tractors starting in 59.
It was the mid 60s before A/C bought Simplicity.
Simplicity riding tractors used sleeve hitches from the start. Early Simplicity sleeve hitches were sized particular to Simplicity / A/C,like most tractors of the early 60s and before.
Most had their own hitch system for implements that was specific to the brand.
By the early 60s standardized sleeve hitch mounted implements were becoming standard across brands.
The early Simplicity sleeve hitch implements can be on later "standardized" sleeve hitches with a little tinkering. The "mouth" mount area of the implement is a different size to match the size of early Simplicity sleeve hitches.
By the mid late 60s about all sleeve hitch implements had been standardized in diminion so they are universal and fit all sleeve hitches.
But as a general rule attachments from only a given brand will fit that brand in reference anything but sleeve hitch attachments.
Snow plow/dozer,snowblower, mower deck,tiller,sicklebar,etc.

Back