Seam sealer for metal body panels ,

Propane1

Tractorologist
Or metal patch work. What kind of seam sealer do you memebers use. To seal up the joints.

Noel

I used a 3m seam sealer but it requires a special gun and mixing nozzles. I was able to borrow the gun from a friend. I used it as a filler for a MF dash that had broken off tabs where it bolted to the tractor. It was pricy but worked great for what I wanted to do with it.

I use Napa brand., watch for it to go on sale. Seam sealer BONDS to metal, silicone does not. Seam sealer is my go to adhesive around the shop. Also repair tarps, leaks in boat and hemming my coveralls.

Do you have a picture of the can Jazz ?

Noel
No,,ran out 2 weeks ago..I buy the cartridge but don't see it available on line today. The also carry Dominion Sure Seal seam sealer, its a couple bucks more per cartridge. Never bought the can but if I did would store it upside down as I do enamel paints to prevent hardening

This is the seam sealer I’m gunna use. Is this the same as what you use in tubes Jazz ?

Noel

Attachments

• 07969A06-E3A7-49B2-8C00-87AEC1792925.jpeg
    07969A06-E3A7-49B2-8C00-87AEC1792925.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 7
This is the seam sealer I’m gunna use. Is this the same as what you use in tubes Jazz ?

Noel
I've used the Dominion Sure Seal in the cartridge. Never used the stuff in a tin like that so I'm not sure if its the same viscosity.

I thought I had bought a lifetime supply at NAPA when it was on sale $4 a tube. Not so, grabbed a tube today of ProForm brand. $12!!
Found issue with brake locked up on Toyota truck,,,pads had come loose, fell off when I removed drum

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 3
Back