Sears suburban ss16 puller build

KillerSearsPuller

Here is my way of lowering your seat on a sears suburban. I basically just cut the bow in half.CB5C807A-315F-462E-B6CA-2DBFF0B17B63.jpeg

Attachments

• C4F4C827-FDEC-4AF9-9836-2835CAC2F6BD.jpeg
    C4F4C827-FDEC-4AF9-9836-2835CAC2F6BD.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 4
Boy that looks like it's gonna hurt..!
Don't think you have any spring left the way it's cut. And if that breaks..hang on.

Spring steel must be pre heated or it will crack at fusion. Pre heating depends on amount of carbon in the spring steel
Years ago I tried making a bumper bracket with spring steel, did not preheat and I happened to drop bracket off workbench. The pretty welds broke like it was crystal

Spring steel must be pre heated or it will crack at fusion. Pre heating depends on amount of carbon in the spring steel
Years ago I tried making a bumper bracket with spring steel, did not preheat and I happened to drop bracket off workbench. The pretty welds broke like it was crystal
Weird, I did this a couple weeks ago and it holding up still

That's a later Spring. The early Suburbans had lower seats. They got taller springs and higher seats when they went to under the seat tanks.

I prefer the tank under the seat as on my SS16. My SS12 has tank under the hood and along with batter
That's a later Spring. The early Suburbans had lower seats. They got taller springs and higher seats when they went to under the seat tanks.

I had not noticed seat heights,, as I have a SS16 with tank under seat and a SS12 with tank under hood

These LED's work well ans are almost an exact fit.

Attachments

• 039 lights.JPG
    039 lights.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1120206.JPG
    P1120206.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 13
  • P1120221.JPG
    P1120221.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 11
Between the seat spring & the throttle you might want to wear a metal cup. You got a paint scheme in mind yet. Looks like a fun project to follow.
I hear you on the throttle cable but the seat in my opinion did change that much. You still have plenty of give in it and I won’t have to worry about it breaking,

Back