Shop Gloves

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I hate wearing gloves while working with small parts. My son use to work at Amazon and they wore these material handler gloves. I liked them a lot and have been buying them for the past 4 years on eBay. I accumulated 8 pair that were dirty with mostly oil while wrenching. For the past three days I’ve been soaking them in a bucket of hot water with dish detergent. I done this twice to get them semi clean so they could be put in the clothes washer along with some old blue jeans. It worked out great and Carol dried them on her solar powered clothes dryer.

Attachments

• 446A7387-89AF-4F8F-ADEE-F67F654D095F.jpeg
    446A7387-89AF-4F8F-ADEE-F67F654D095F.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 0BFFA91D-D6F3-4007-B10D-B056D4B74B40.jpeg
    0BFFA91D-D6F3-4007-B10D-B056D4B74B40.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2A286A86-B4C4-4DA3-9038-C31EBE78EDCC.jpeg
    2A286A86-B4C4-4DA3-9038-C31EBE78EDCC.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 16
I buy these off of amazon and they last quite awhile. The first thing I do before putting them on is to put a good amount of CeraVe hand lotion on without really rubbing it in and then put the gloves on. Helps my hands from drying out and cracking.

81RQqAukCnS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Looks like a lifetime supply, Jim! I wear shop gloves a lot too, but mine come from HF. I will check into that brand.

DAC
HF for me as well, mostly due to price. My fingers on my right hand have a degree of surface numbness and the rubber coated makes it more difficult for me to feel stuff, so I mostly use fabric style. For real grungy cleaning I have a couple pairs of Hardy rubber coated.

For the grungy and nasty chemical stuff I have a pair of the heavy rubber Ag Chem gloves for anhydrous I commandeered from the company when I worked for them. Supposed to be a pair with goggles left with the first customer delivery. Never got them but but that is fine if it saved an injury.

I hate wearing gloves while working with small parts. My son use to work at Amazon and they wore these material handler gloves. I liked them a lot and have been buying them for the past 4 years on eBay. I accumulated 8 pair that were dirty with mostly oil while wrenching. For the past three days I’ve been soaking them in a bucket of hot water with dish detergent. I done this twice to get them semi clean so they could be put in the clothes washer along with some old blue jeans. It worked out great and Carol dried them on her solar powered clothes dryer.
That laundry tub is worth more than a truck load of gloves around here. Last one I saw at auction were not in near that good of shape and two singles went for $175.

That laundry tub is worth more than a truck load of gloves around here. Last one I saw at auction were not in near that good of shape and two singles went for $175.
She’s got the wooden wringer head that goes with it but keeps it put away or uses it for a house display sometimes. She has several of the old wash boards different sizes and one is made of glass instead of the metal. The washer head is dated June 20 1899. B0D954CB-A352-4FE9-9924-948F74932301.jpeg

The skin on the back of my hands has gotten so thin that just bumping something like the cut off end of a zip-tie has me bleeding. Gloves have become a necessity. My lower arms have gotten the same way and it seems like sticking my hands and arms into places where they don't belong always ends with a skin tear. :mad: Long sleeves and tight fitting work gloves help a lot. I prefer thin leather gloves but some of the neoprene coated gloves like you guys pictured work good also.
Guaranteed no gloves and I'll be bleeding like a stuck hog.

The skin on the back of my hands has gotten so thin that just bumping something like the cut off end of a zip-tie has me bleeding. Gloves have become a necessity. My lower arms have gotten the same way and it seems like sticking my hands and arms into places where they don't belong always ends with a skin tear. :mad: Long sleeves and tight fitting work gloves help a lot. I prefer thin leather gloves but some of the neoprene coated gloves like you guys pictured work good also.
Guaranteed no gloves and I'll be bleeding like a stuck hog.
I get bruised easy on top of my hands or like you cuts easy. I have thin blood and sometimes I’m bleeding and don’t know it.

She’s got the wooden wringer head that goes with it but keeps it put away or uses it for a house display sometimes. She has several of the old wash boards different sizes and one is made of glass instead of the metal. The washer head is dated June 20 1899. View attachment 68244
Carolyn has a few of those square tubs around also. 2 doubles and 2 or 3 singles. I cut treated 2x6 blocks 5.5" square and drill a 1-1/4"
hole about 1/2" deep in one side centered. Use these on the ground to set the tub rollers in to keep them out of the dirt.

Very nice ringer. Best condition I have seen one. Most are newer with the rubber rollers, those that have not been cut up for boat rollers.

Back