Simple NLA Cub 1512 Parts

chieffan

Tractorologist
Fan belt and idler pulley is NLA through MTD. The idler pulley bearing locked up and took the belt out also. Burned in two at the crank pulley. When these pulleys lock up they don't get fixed by squirting a bit of oil in them, get them to turn and think they are good to go at 3000 rpm for hours at a time. This pulley is a narrow V type being 13/32" wide so a standard V belt pulley won't work as the belt drops to the bottom of the groove. The majority of "tensioner pulleys" are made to run on the top of the belt like many of the deck belts, drive and PTO belts. NAPA list an A belt the correct length (27") but it is to wide for the fan shaft and crank pulleys as it only drops 1/2 way into the V grove. I did find the correct belt on the internet and have it on the way. Now to find the pulley for a 13/32" wide belt. Any of you that are running the Cub 1512 with the Kubota diesel I strongly suggest you start looking for the pulley and belt now so your not in the middle of using the tractor and it gets park while your looking for these two parts. The pulley number is 756-3032. Belt number is 754-3022. Mine was original when it let go. Possibility of grinding the bearing crip off the bearing on the pulley, press it out and replace the bearing. My have to go that route. Can't trust the pulley any more this way.

Found a place early this morning that has the narrow belts in a wide variety of sizes. mainsupplies.com/3l-size-vbelts/ Internet sales only and minimum order of $35. Not stated but I think these area FHP belts, but not that much torque to turn a fan on a shaft. A 3L270 belt is a .38" wide belt 27" long.

Going to try and get the bearing out of the old pulley. At least it is steel and not plastic like a lot of them are any more.

They only list one that is for the 3L belt and it is 5/16 x 2.3". A belt is back up to the 1/2" (or close) wide. 2/3 of that size belt rides up out of the other two pulleys. I ground the crimp off the bad pulley to get measurements. It is just under 1.25" OD. Have to get my other calipers to get it right. Not up to reading the old style calipers. That bearing is in there tight. Arbor press would not budge it. Heading to the 20 T up at the neighbors now.

Apparently you did not scroll down like I said. I looked the pulley up on the Cub parts listings and it is 3.06" OD with a 3/8" bolt through it. these folks list a 3" OD pulley (for a 3L belt) and attached is their bushings as I haven't a clue what you need there.
Selection_028.jpg Selection_029.jpg

Yes I did scroll down to the round belt pulleys. Have to run around to find a dealer to buy that brand if they did have what I need. All their pulleys require an adapter and that is not what I need. Have what I need coming from MN through local NAPA. With the old pulley and belt he knew exactly what I needed and where to find it. Thanks just the same.

Back