Simplicity 3416 update

MNGB

Tractorologist
Last summer I tried getting the 3416 working and was having nothing but troubles with the drive belt, finally discovered last fall the the center/drive spindle was bent. Replaced it with a new spindle but never reinstalled the deck as it was to late in the season so this week I installed the deck and a new A69K drive belt, engaged the clutch and it threw the belt in about 10 seconds what the heck? Got the manual up on the computer and looked discovered I had installed the belt wrong, got it on right and it was running went out to do a test mow made a run and discovered it was only cutting with the center blade off with the deck to see sure enough the deck drive belt was stretched and loose put a new belt on reinstalled the deck and again out for a test mow made 2 rounds and all was looking good time to stop for the day. This checked it over went out and mowed with it for 40 minutes and its mowing good belts are all good so it looks like its working as it should this afternoon I'll finish up at the shop mowing with it Simplicity's really mow nice and its nice to have a hydro

HPIM1392.JPG

Sounds like you might have it figured out Gary. These decks are nice but all the belts can be complicated. I’ve been working on my 3415H off and on too. I had to adapt a different style center spindle to it that I had from my 7117H.

Well here's a new update on the 3416 I sold it this afternoon interesting in that this tractor doesn't seem to go to far. Sold it to my nephew and I got it from his Dad, he called said he needed something to mow with as his mower needed work and he didn't have time to work on it, I said I had a couple and he came over and looked and liked the Simplicity so its his now

Back