Snow Blower

chieffan

Tractorologist
Walk behind Sears 24" 2 stage, power drive, ice chipper augur. Had it in the garage so was quick to get it out the door and start moving snow. First real test since I bought it a couple years ago. Had 7-8" most places and deeper in others. Worked good for blowing out the path's to the bird feeders, down to the animal barn, etc. Decided to do the drive too and save bringing the tractor and thrower up from the lower machine shed. Snow was right for blowing so it would toss it out about 25' or more. Blew a bunch out onto the gravel road so the greader can get rid of it, if he can figure out how to do that. Hasn't figured out how to keep the blade up an inch off the road and run about 25 to throw the snow into the grader ditch. Likes leaving it in a windrow along the side of the road.

Have a love/hate relationship with my snow blower.
The thing works, but it's a bit of a struggle, and since we have tons of gravel/stones everywhere, shear-pins keep braking when it takes in a small stone.

I have the shoes on mine adjusted clear down. Have not broke a shear pin since if got it two years ago. Only issue I have with mine is the augur/blower handle and the drive handle have to be held down to operate. After a while it gets hard to hold them down, especially with Arthritis in the hands. Other than that it worked good on gravel drive and a hundred yards of paths across grass. They all work better when the ground is froze solid under the snow.

Used the walk behind again this morning to do the paths, etc. Wanted to dig into the grass all the time. After looking it over see where the shoes can be put on at the front edge rather than back 4". Will try that first. If it don't work out will get a 2" wide shoe addition with turned up nose. Have some 30" drifts to clear the drives so will get the GT and 42" unit out this afternoon.

Back