So it begins

bobcat2

Tractorologist
Hello all,

Been restoring a '69 SS12, it's not missing any parts, but I found a parts unit for $35 about 50 miles away. Now I have visions of having duals on the rear and having spare steering parts and an extra transaxle. Look like it may be worth it?

20190824132338c503c77f628d9e153e4d41b0fc5fe03e.regular.jpeg

You are about to start down a VERY slippery slope. Proceed with caution!

It's already starting. Right now that tractor is for "parts" before you know it....you'll be looking at it going "I can save it! I just need to find another parts tractor"

I will say a prayer for your wallet and free time. Both are about to be severely impacted.

You are about to start down a VERY slippery slope. Proceed with caution!

It's already starting. Right now that tractor is for "parts" before you know it....you'll be looking at it going "I can save it! I just need to find another parts tractor"

I will say a prayer for your wallet and free time. Both are about to be severely impacted.

Agreed.....Get one parts tractor and you end up like this......

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 17
Well, he didn't have a whole lot there, but I did pick up a good deck and drive for $60. He did have a running ST16 with deck for $300, luckily I didn't take a trailer.

Deck doesn't have any holes, normal banged up dents, but he does regularly grease and turn the blades on them, which I give him a lot of credit doing.

Last edited:
It started out with one MF10 for my son and one Suburban 12 for me... Already a few derelicts from Dad's puttering over the last 50...
Next thing you know, I can't walk around them. Currently (both runners and parts) there are "over 40". Have to think about it some more and really count it out. (Sad, really LOL)
Sold 2 this summer. Tried to sell 2 more and ended up horse trading back to the same amount.
Attachments, dunno. I really should take an inventory.

Periodically, I show my wife the stories of those of you with triple digit numbers. Makes me look like less of a hoarder, but not by much... She's given up on my cutting back soon, I guess.
Thank God she loves me.

Welcome to the madness.

Back