Some more small snow blower attachments

Neat idea, but I think it will also throw more snow out the front. The impeller can only take so much snow. I would say, put three more paddles on the impeller, the same style what’s on there, that would help. 6 paddles throwing instead of 3. The extra paddles would increase the vacuum in the centre of the impeller and pull more snow in. Just my thoughts. I could be very wrong.

Noel

Personally, I never thought those open type augurs did near as good a job of moving snow as a solid augur did. My walk behind has the open type augur and it seems to throw a lot more snow out front that the IH or Bolens throwers. Walk behind is a Craftsman 2 stage.

Neat idea, but I think it will also throw more snow out the front. The impeller can only take so much snow. I would say, put three more paddles on the impeller, the same style what’s on there, that would help. 6 paddles throwing instead of 3. The extra paddles would increase the vacuum in the centre of the impeller and pull more snow in. Just my thoughts. I could be very wrong.

Noel
I added belting to the rotor blades not long after I bought it and it would throw snow further, but I believe if paddles were added to the rotor then you'd come up short of HP.

I read some where that it take less hp to operate with more paddles. And I have added extra paddles to two of my snowthrowers. And it seemed to help. Didn’t throw any farther, just easier to keep the revs up. I could be very wrong on my thinking. Be neat to see yours working and see what it does.

Noel

Due to lack of sufficient snowfall the only place I used it since adding the paddles was the south side of the veggie garden, which gets a drift formed on it. The snow was thawed and packed from it's own weight. That being, I didn't see much being thrown out front. By adding belting to make the rotor blades a little longer it takes more power simply because the load is further from the shaft center requiring more effort to increase the rim speed. Rim speed not to be confused with RPM.

Since the density of snow varies so much I can't tell if there's more being thrown. The engine seemed to be working harder but that could be due to the density. Would be hard to judge unless I tried it with and without the paddles in the same snow. I guess I don't want to experiment that much.

Back