Spuds for Noel

Cvans

Tractorologist
Because of the constant rains and more predicted we decided to harvest the potatoes yesterday. I made a potato spade to go on the diesel Wheel Horse and it does a nice job of turning up the spuds. We haven't had rain for a couple of days so the soil was just barely dry enough. We ended up with a nice batch of both Red's and Yukon Golds. Thought of Noel and how thankful I am that we didn't have an insect problem.
Photos of the harvest in the Spud truck before and after washing. The bed and the tail gate are raised a little and then the spuds are washed. Then they are spread out on sheets of cardboard to dry before being stored in a cooled room.
spuds 1.jpgspuds 2.jpg
'

I am in AWE of the Spud Truck! Is it something you built? And if yes, is there a build thread somewhere?
Yes I built it. Used a Cub Cadet 1450 and a 149 grafted together. The hydro powers the hydraulic lift. Bed will raise to almost vertical so you can back up to a 55 gal. drum, put a strap around it and then lower the bed to load it. Is now powered by a Predator 6.5hp engine. I'm impressed with that engine.
There was a build thread over on GTT but the search function doesn't go back far enough to find it. I'll try looking tonight and see if I can find it.

I cheated and bought a Polaris Ranger. Had the fun of a lot of repairs but nothing like what you had I am sure.

Yes I built it. Used a Cub Cadet 1450 and a 149 grafted together. The hydro powers the hydraulic lift. Bed will raise to almost vertical so you can back up to a 55 gal. drum, put a strap around it and then lower the bed to load it. Is now powered by a Predator 6.5hp engine. I'm impressed with that engine.
There was a build thread over on GTT but the search function doesn't go back far enough to find it. I'll try looking tonight and see if I can find it.
Yeah, the failed search was the the last straw that sent me here. That thing is incredible, if you can find the build thread, I'll probably read it in one sitting! Thanks!

I've tried searching my content, google search, and GTT search with no luck. I guess it's gone. :mad:
Some of the guys would remember it because I mentioned making a C cab for it and they were encouraging me to do it but there wasn't room between the back of the seat and the box. I have long legs.
I did find this picture of it with the bed all the way up during a google search
1566698723028.png

Last edited:
I've tried searching my content, google search, and GTT search with no luck. I guess it's gone. :mad:
Some of the guys would remember it because I mentioned making a C cab for it and they were encouraging me to do it but there wasn't room between the back of the seat and the box. I have long legs.
I did find this picture of it with the bed all the way up during a google search
View attachment 16855
Chris, I found your build thread at GTT. Here's the link!: Different type of project - Mechanical & Hydraulics Forum

Back