Status of my garden,,,,dead!

reedb66

Tractorologist
PTDC0150.JPGPTDC0150.JPGPTDC0151.JPGPTDC0152.JPGPTDC0152.JPGPTDC0151.JPGMy plants just kept burning off,Then the weeds took over because I was too busy to get to it and nobody else knows how to pull a weed so I mowed it off and am calling it a year of rest for it,,,AKA Lawn!But as you can see in the pick the Black berries are producing huge ! I have 1 row about 30 ft long that is 3 years old and produces by the gallon bucket and last spring I transplanted some of the off shoots into another 30 ft row and they are the ones pictured and thats how they are producing in their 2nd year.They have about 8 to 12 foot canes on most of them,Crazy things!I have plenty of berries we put up in the freezer and plenty to eat and plenty we give to the neighbors!

View attachment 1627View attachment 1627View attachment 1628View attachment 1629View attachment 1629View attachment 1628My plants just kept burning off,Then the weeds took over because I was too busy to get to it and nobody else knows how to pull a weed so I mowed it off and am calling it a year of rest for it,,,AKA Lawn!But as you can see in the pick the Black berries are producing huge ! I have 1 row about 30 ft long that is 3 years old and produces by the gallon bucket and last spring I transplanted some of the off shoots into another 30 ft row and they are the ones pictured and thats how they are producing in their 2nd year.They have about 8 to 12 foot canes on most of them,Crazy things!I have plenty of berries we put up in the freezer and plenty to eat and plenty we give to the neighbors!
Didn't have weed 1 in my garden. Made it much easier for that little two point buck to find and devour all the tender vegies. Don

Crazy things!I have plenty of berries we put up in the freezer and plenty to eat and plenty we give to the neighbors!

HI Neighbor!! :):) Rick

Don' have any of those kind of berries in the garden. Have a couple Mulberry trees on the edge and a Raspberry bush in the lawn fence row and that's it. Rest of the garden to doing great. Rains coming at the right time. Need to check out the Big Moon pumpkins and get them down to two or three pumpkins or will have all small ones. Getting cucs and of course onions and radishes. Beets are done - planted the wrong one as they are red on the outside and white inside? Never knew there was such a thing. Goats had a feast so didn't go to waste. One Cauliflower and 3 cabbage heads left. Gave 2 of the cabbage away to the neighbor. Put a bunch in the freezer and going to make Kraut out of some. Mrs said we are not planting 18 cabbage plants again. I said OK, will go with 20 next year ! I love kraut and sausage or ring baloney, even hot dogs will work.

I didn't know cabbage would freeze well. How do you go about that? Don
Got it off the internet from some site searching for Sauerkraut in a Jar. Our heads were about soccer ball size so cut them in 8 pieces then cut each one in two. Put in a freezer bag and in the freezer. Will use in roast, etc. or just cooked cabbage. Will start cutting up some more for kraut tomorrow.

We had so much rain the plants are struggling and the weeds are thriving. Finally got the tiller in the rows on Sunday.
Some of the rows washed a little in a big rain we had, so they aren't straight.
Had to switch to the narrow tiller and multiple passes.

At least it's done for a week

well I didn't plant it, but as per usual my lawn (my only "crop") has turned to crabgrass, as per every year about the end of June... seems like it is happening earlier every year. Got a "bumper crop" Pissing me off to no end at the moment..... mine is the worst looking yard in the neighborhood because of it...…

My lawn is a combination of pasture grass, wild violets, wild strawberries, dandilions, crab grass, etc., etc. I'm just thankful it's green and keep on mowing it. The more it is mowed and the cuttings left on to build up the soil, the better it gets and the less the weeds appear.

Back