Stop being so cranky

_floater_

Tractorologist
I'm trading cranking for squeezing. So obvious.
I am going to replace the hook at the end of the shaft with a universal joint. It means I won't be able to remove the lower end of the shaft anymore, but when I store it in the spring I'll just bungee the shaft to the chute. The universal should eliminate all the shaking.

Last edited:
Nice job that'll really make it nice. You might want to go to low range? Looks fast in the vid anyways.
Also, if you find a junk drill, you could wire it for 12v and mount it permanent.

Nice job that'll really make it nice. You might want to go to low range? Looks fast in the vid anyways.
Also, if you find a junk drill, you could wire it for 12v and mount it permanent.
I'll use it in low range. I was just showing off :p
If I wanted to mount it permanently I'd need a pivoting tie rod end type of thing to pass through and a sliding yoke or something because the angle of the shaft and the length of the shaft (inside the cab) changes with the raising and lowering of the blower. I thought about it, but it's a complex project when I should be finishing my window trim and painting. :eek:

Before I made mine electric with windshield wiper motors, I cut the hook off my rod, drilled a small hole through the rod for a hair pin then I took a 3/8" universal joint from a socket set & welded the male end into the tube for the gear then drilled the female end to accept the same hair pin. (excuse the poor description lol.)

Last edited:
Before I made mine electric with windshield wiper motors, I cut the hook off my rod, drilled a small hole through the rod for a hair pin then I took a 3/8" universal joint from a socket set & welded the male end into the tube for the gear then drilled the female end to accept the same hair pin. (excuse the poor description lol.)Here's my newer set up
I understood your description. I speak Maritimer.
Are there pics coming?

LOL, I don't have any here of the old set up but I'll add a couple of the newer set up tomorrow. I have a 37 second video but won't let me upload it here. The only reason I went with the pin in the universal was for easier removal of the rod for storage.

Great idea there's some good ideas out there using cordless drills. You work real good under those high wind & weather conditions :D

Back