Sunflower Disc ID

Ducky

Ducky
Can any of you old farm guys help me ID this disc.  Model?  Year?  Did anybody have Sunflower make discs for them that were YELLOW?

I love the thing because it is heavy and cuts anything we put it on.

I need to replace a bearing and would like to have a bit of info before searching for parts.

IMAG0941.jpg

IMAG0940.jpg

IMAG0939.jpg

IMAG0938.jpg

IMAG0937.jpg

IMAG0936.jpg

IMAG0935.jpg

IMAG0934.jpg

IMAG0933.jpg

They are a pillow blow bearing.   The later discs had a pivot built into the bearing.    This is an early version before that.  

The bearing i need to replace is one that the PO replaced with an over the counter pillow block but the shaft is square not round like the bearing ID.  Now I do not have the OEM bearing holder that I could simply just replace the bearing.

If we could get a model I maybe able to get a used part from Allstate Tractor Parts.  They are a large Ag equipment salvage operation up here serving Wisconsin, N and S Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota.  One of there yards is just 15 Miles from me. :thThumbsUp-1:

With a model # it would make life so EZ.

I know it'll be a pain, but it may be most expedient to look at one of the existing OEM blocks and get numbers.

it does look like a good one, hope you can still find parts.

The shaft is 1 1/8" square.  Pretty sure I can find a bearing but I do not have the OEM Pillow block.

Back