T40 swisher

joshuaset

I have recently purchased a swisher t40 cheap and im trying to get it back to functional and I think I may be missing some pieces insides the pulley I've looked at the diagrams and I still can't seem to find what I'm missing and was curious is somebody had one and could snap a pic or something from under the belt cover to I could find what I'm having problems with is one of the springs was not mounted and so when I installed the belt I and pull leave its not getting tight and I'm out of options. It's not the spring for the engagement rod it's the the one that connects from the idler pulley somewhere near the motor pulley

Attachments

• 4cf22fbb-185e-4a9e-8c16-4d5070b48614-bg5.png
    4cf22fbb-185e-4a9e-8c16-4d5070b48614-bg5.png
    476.4 KB · Views: 8
I sold mine about 2months ago and it's now 300 miles away at my neighbor's cottage. If I still had it I'd be able to help ya more....
I will say that (and that was the 2nd swisher tow behind mower I've had) that the height adjusters on either side are still available but cost crazy money. I made my own with a 1/2" nut, (rounded off the high points of the wrench head) a piece of water pipe, a piece of 1/4" rod for a turn handle and a few minutes with my MiG. If you have the exploded view there do you have the next page with the worded listing of the parts? Try to Google the part numbers. Also a search via eBay

Don't know if this helps or not. Almost looks like there is a spring between the rod and the bellcrank for the pulley.
1694718364827.png

I sold mine about 2months ago and it's now 300 miles away at my neighbor's cottage. If I still had it I'd be able to help ya more....
I will say that (and that was the 2nd swisher tow behind mower I've had) that the height adjusters on either side are still available but cost crazy money. I made my own with a 1/2" nut, (rounded off the high points of the wrench head) a piece of water pipe, a piece of 1/4" rod for a turn handle and a few minutes with my MiG. If you have the exploded view there do you have the next page with the worded listing of the parts? Try to Google the part numbers. Also a search via eBay
Do you have any pictures of what you did?

Back